RptLabel.Caption problem
Author Message
 RptLabel.Caption problem

I am having trouble getting a global variable to show up in
a VB6 datareport at runtime.  The RptLabel Caption will not
accept a variable such as a Date to be added to a label in
the Report Header section.  Am I missing something or is
there a work around?  It seems pretty basic that one would
want a Report Title to show a beginning and ending date.

**** Posted from RemarQ - http://www.*-*-*.com/ - Discussions Start Here (tm) ****

Thu, 15 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 RptLabel.Caption problem
Yeah, and I have a similar problem using Crystal Reports.....   I would like
the executable name print on my Crystal Report, but I can't seem to figure out
how to pass ANY information from VB to Xstal with the exception of the standard
requirements to describe the database.

QUESTION:  Has anyone every printed a value on the title or header sheet of a
Crystal Report sent from a VB application?

Tue, 20 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 RptLabel.Caption problem
There are a couple of ways to do this; perhaps the simplest is the
Formulas() property of the CrystalReport control.
For example, insert a Formula field somewhere on the report, call it
"Formula1."
Define Formula1 to return the string "Formula1" for descriptive purpose.
At run time, before printing the report, code:
    CrystalReport1.Formulas(0) = "Formula1='" & myString & "'"
where myString contains text you want to see on the report wherever you
pasted the Formula1 field.
If you have multiple formulas, continue with Formulas(1), etc., using as
many elements as you wish.

Quote:
> Yeah, and I have a similar problem using Crystal Reports.....   I would
like
> the executable name print on my Crystal Report, but I can't seem to figure
out
> how to pass ANY information from VB to Xstal with the exception of the
standard
> requirements to describe the database.

> QUESTION:  Has anyone every printed a value on the title or header sheet
of a
> Crystal Report sent from a VB application?

Tue, 20 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Vertical text in rptLabel and rptTextBox in VB6 Data Reports

2. Cannot assign datareport.sections(0).Controls(0) to a rptlabel defined variable

3. How to create a runtime RptLabel and RptTextBox control in DataReport form

4. Switch text1.caption with text2.caption?

5. Insert Caption built-in dialog font problem

6. Textbox Text to Label Caption - Problem with ampersand

7. Textbox Text to Label Caption - Problem with ampersand

8. label caption routine problem

9. Problem with MDI form caption

10. Textbox Text to Label Caption - Problem with ampersand

11. Label1.Caption.Move problems

12. Label.Caption problem