Problem with package and deployment in Visual Studio (VB6)
Author Message
 Problem with package and deployment in Visual Studio (VB6)

Hi,

   I tried to write some small programs in vb6 and then I tried to make
from these installation packages.
It was succesful, but when I started setup.exe I give an error message
from setup1.exe:

C:\WINDOWS\SETUP.LST

Invalid line in setup information file

Does anybody knows this problem?

Regards,
    Pal

Wed, 25 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with package and deployment in Visual Studio (VB6)
I would check your commas very carefully against a SETUP.LST that you know
works.
Quote:

> Hi,

>    I tried to write some small programs in vb6 and then I tried to make
> from these installation packages.
> It was succesful, but when I started setup.exe I give an error message
> from setup1.exe:

> C:\WINDOWS\SETUP.LST

> Invalid line in setup information file

> Section:  Setup1 Files

> Does anybody knows this problem?

> Regards,
>     Pal

Sat, 28 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with package and deployment in Visual Studio (VB6)
This also occurs when you have an incorrect version of OLEAUT32.DLL on the
target machine, or from a corrupt registry.  I recently rolled out a package
created with the P&D wizard to about 5000 machines.  Of the few ones that
failed, these were the 2 most pre{*filter*} reasons.
Quote:

>I would check your commas very carefully against a SETUP.LST that you know
>works.

>> Hi,

>>    I tried to write some small programs in vb6 and then I tried to make
>> from these installation packages.
>> It was succesful, but when I started setup.exe I give an error message
>> from setup1.exe:

>> C:\WINDOWS\SETUP.LST

>> Invalid line in setup information file

>> Section:  Setup1 Files

>> Does anybody knows this problem?

>> Regards,
>>     Pal

Sun, 29 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem with package and deployment in Visual Studio (VB6)

2. package and deployment wizard in Visual studio 6.0

3. package and deployment wizard in Visual studio 6.0

4. Visual Studio or VB6 Package

5. vb6 package and deployment wizard problem

6. Problem in VB6 Package and Deployment Wizard

7. vb6 package and deployment wizard problems

8. vb6 package and deployment wizard problems

9. packaging and deployment problems vb6

10. vb6 package and deployment wizard problems

11. Compiling VB5 Projects in Visual Studio VB6 - picturebox problem

12. VB6 & Visual Studio SP3 Problem