Creating XLS (Excel) Spreadsheet
Author Message
 Creating XLS (Excel) Spreadsheet

Can anyone point me to information on how to Create an Excel spreadsheet.
I've searched the web and have found the format of the file but there must
be an easier way.  I know FoxPro has an easy way to do this.  Does VB?  Any
help is appreciated.

Rich

Sun, 02 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Creating XLS (Excel) Spreadsheet

Quote:
>Can anyone point me to information on how to Create an Excel spreadsheet.

--- ommited ---

Richard,

I use to create Excel spreadsheets via OLE by simply calling Excel via OLE
methods. I think this was outlined in the manual. If I still have code or
references... But here's a start anyway...

Dim xlApp As Object ' Declare variable to hold the reference.

Set xlApp = CreateObject("excel.application")
 ' You may have to set Visible property to True
 ' if you want to see the application.
xlApp.Visible = True
 ' Use xlApp to access Microsoft Excel's
 ' other objects.
xlApp.Quit ' When you finish, use the Quit method to close
Set xlApp = Nothing ' the application, then release the reference.

Mon, 03 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Creating XLS (Excel) Spreadsheet

Hi,
Try inserting an OLE container of class Excel.sheet

> Can anyone point me to information on how to Create an Excel spreadsheet.
> I've searched the web and have found the format of the file but there
must
> be an easier way.  I know FoxPro has an easy way to do this.  Does VB?
Any
> help is appreciated.

> Rich

Mon, 03 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Creating XLS (Excel) Spreadsheet

Don't try and create the file manually. Use OLE to connect VB to Excel and
use the Excel engine to create your file.
--
Hope this helps...

Jeffrey Renton
jrenton AT ees DOT enron DOT com

Quote:
> Can anyone point me to information on how to Create an Excel spreadsheet.
> I've searched the web and have found the format of the file but there
must
> be an easier way.  I know FoxPro has an easy way to do this.  Does VB?
Any
> help is appreciated.

> Rich

Thu, 06 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Creating XLS (Excel) Spreadsheet

Here is an example using JET to create the file:

db.Execute "SELECT * INTO Address IN '" & sFileName & "' 'Excel 5.0;'
FROM ContactManagement"

modify to fit your needs.  All the info is in the vb help.

ds

Fri, 07 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Creating XLS (Excel) Spreadsheet

2. Creating XLS (Excel) Spreadsheet

3. EXCEL <- VB5 HELP!: How Create file .Xls with VB5

4. Creating excel Spreadsheet from Access VBA

5. I'm creating an Excel spreadsheet using Automation in VC++ 6.0 and want to

6. Creating an Excel Spreadsheet using VB5

7. create formatted excel spreadsheets from text file

8. Create very long Array for Excel Spreadsheet

9. creating Excel spreadsheet in VB

10. Creating Excel spreadsheets using Createobject

11. newbie: create and write to excel spreadsheet

12. Create very long Array for Excel Spreadsheet