Visual Basic 3.0 can't access MS Access 2.0???
Author Message
 Visual Basic 3.0 can't access MS Access 2.0???

writes:

Quote:

>I recently bought Visual Basic Ver. 3.0 several weeks ago.  I was just
>playing around with the stuff to access MS Access, and to my dismay
>the version of Visual Basic I have is incompatible with the version
>of MS Access (Ver. 2.0) I have which is over a year old.  Is there
anything
>I can do to here?

>Thanks in advance,

>Hans

You need the MS Access 2.0 Compatibility layer.  There are some update
DLLs to allow VB3.0 to access Access 2.0 (pun slightly intended).  I
think you can get the files from the Microsoft FTP site
(ftp.microsoft.com) in the SOFTLIB directory in a file called
COMLYR.EXE.  The dir contails 1500 files so don't list it.

Hope this helps,
Scott

Tue, 08 Jul 1997 11:21:03 GMT
 Visual Basic 3.0 can't access MS Access 2.0???
I recently bought Visual Basic Ver. 3.0 several weeks ago.  I was just
playing around with the stuff to access MS Access, and to my dismay
the version of Visual Basic I have is incompatible with the version
of MS Access (Ver. 2.0) I have which is over a year old.  Is there anything
I can do to here?

Thanks in advance,

Hans

Tue, 08 Jul 1997 07:30:53 GMT
 Visual Basic 3.0 can't access MS Access 2.0???

Quote:

> I recently bought Visual Basic Ver. 3.0 several weeks ago.  I was just
> playing around with the stuff to access MS Access, and to my dismay
> the version of Visual Basic I have is incompatible with the version
> of MS Access (Ver. 2.0) I have which is over a year old.  Is there anything
> I can do to here?

Yes, you can download the VB-Access 2.0 Compatability Layer from
Microsoft. Once properly installed you will be able to use
Access 2.0 Databases in VB 3.0. You can download it from
ftp.microsoft.com.

Larry Kochis

Tue, 08 Jul 1997 08:52:12 GMT
 Visual Basic 3.0 can't access MS Access 2.0???

Quote:
>You need the MS Access 2.0 Compatibility layer.  There are some update
>DLLs to allow VB3.0 to access Access 2.0 (pun slightly intended).  I
>think you can get the files from the Microsoft FTP site
>(ftp.microsoft.com) in the SOFTLIB directory in a file called
>COMLYR.EXE.  The dir contails 1500 files so don't list it.

>Hope this helps,
>Scott

While you are out there pick up the Access Service Pack which will upgrade
your Access JET to 2.5 (Can't hurt and the Compatibility layer works with it.)

good luck

joe

Mon, 14 Jul 1997 13:01:52 GMT
 Visual Basic 3.0 can't access MS Access 2.0???

Quote:

>>You need the MS Access 2.0 Compatibility layer.  There are some update
>>DLLs to allow VB3.0 to access Access 2.0 (pun slightly intended).  I
>>think you can get the files from the Microsoft FTP site
>>(ftp.microsoft.com) in the SOFTLIB directory in a file called
>>COMLYR.EXE.  The dir contails 1500 files so don't list it.

I got COMLYR.EXE from the ftp site but I don't really know what to do with
it. I ran it to self-expand it and got a bunch of .dl_ files. What do I do
with them ? Any help will be met with whoops of joy.

David.

Mon, 21 Jul 1997 04:50:17 GMT

1. Performance comparison Visual Basic 3.0 vs MS ACCESS 2.0

2. Performance comparison Visual Basic 3.0 vs MS ACCESS 2.0

3. Visual Basic 3.0 and MS Access 2.0

4. Visual basic 3.0 accessing Access 2.0 databases

5. Can't open MS ACCESS 2.0 databases with VB 3.0 Pro

6. Access 2.0 and Visual Basic 3.0

7. Visual Basic 3.0 and Access 2.0

8. Porting Access 2.0 App to Visual Basic 3.0

9. Visual Basic 3.0 and Access 2.0

10. Visual Basic 3.0 and Access 2.0

11. Visual Basic 3.0 - Access 2.0

12. Visual Basic 3.0 & Access 2.0