Accessing ActiveX properties from other forms
Author Message
 Accessing ActiveX properties from other forms

I'm working on the design of a program that will take a lot of user
input as properties of
ActiveX controls on many different forms (probably about 30+ forms, with
up to 30
ActiveX components!). These are ActiveX component that I will write
myself and are
basically glorified combo boxes, text boxes or check boxes.

Problem #1:
In proto-typing this I created 10 forms with 3 tabs each, and 10 ActiveX
controls per tab.
error and VB runs to a standstill. (I using a 233MHz, 64MB, Pentium II).
For this example there were 300 ActiveX controls but they were all
instances of the same ActiveX. Am I somehow using 300 times more memory
than I really need to?

Problem #2:
A particular question might depend on the values of 5 other questions
which are all on different forms. If I reference a property of an
ActiveX control it's form must be loaded in memory. How might I handle
this other than having 30 forms and 900 ActiveX components in memory at
all times (if that were even an option)?

Any help or pointers as to where I might find answers would be much
appriciated.

Sun, 19 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB 6 ActiveX Control in Windos Form, can't access any custom properties

2. Accessing Forms Properties from an ActiveX DLL

3. Linking Access Tables in Different *.mdb Files, Populating an Access Table From Several Others

4. Linking Access Tables in Different *.mdb Files, Populating an Access Table From Several Others

5. My ActiveX Control loses its member property when attached to a custom Outlook Contact Form

6. Search a ActiveX that has the same behavior as Properties form in VB

7. Form properties from activex

8. ActiveX Calendar Control for Access 97--No Click Property

9. How can I directly access properties/methods of a control within my ActiveX control

10. ActiveX Control in an Access 97 Report - Properties not recognized

11. Trouble Accessing Activex Properties

12. accessing an ActiveX property