Embedding Excel Sheet in a VB5 application
Author Message
 Embedding Excel Sheet in a VB5 application

Hello,

I'm learning VB5 for the moment and I want to load an Excel 8 sheet in my
application in order to perform some updates. :-)
I manage to load my sheet as an OLE object, I put it on my screen, but when
I want to perform some modifications on it, I receive a message like
"Object cannot support this property".  The object is
OLE1.object.cells(iX,iY). :-(
The modifications are performed from a SQL Anywhere DataBase.

If someone could help me, it would be funny! :-)
Could you answer me at my two adresses (Job and Home)?

Thanks,

Olivier

--
Olivier LALOUX

Mon, 13 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Embedding Excel Sheet in a VB5 application

The cells object is not directly under the OLE object. It should be
OLE1.object.Application.WorkBooks(0).WorkSheets(0).Cells(r,c) or
something like that. I think you'd better to get the object model and
methods/properties reference of MS Excel first, otherwise you will be
very difficult to code the OLE Automation.

Alan Kwan

Quote:

> Hello,

> I'm learning VB5 for the moment and I want to load an Excel 8 sheet in
> my
> application in order to perform some updates. :-)
> I manage to load my sheet as an OLE object, I put it on my screen, but
> when
> I want to perform some modifications on it, I receive a message like
> "Object cannot support this property".  The object is
> OLE1.object.cells(iX,iY). :-(
> The modifications are performed from a SQL Anywhere DataBase.

> If someone could help me, it would be funny! :-)
> Could you answer me at my two adresses (Job and Home)?

> Thanks,

> Olivier

> --
> Olivier LALOUX

Tue, 21 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to pass a variable between Word and embedded Excel sheet

2. Hiding Excel sheets in User Form application

3. open an Excel Sheet in a VB Application?

4. Need help displaying Excel sheet with VB5 - Please.

5. Need help displaying Excel sheet with VB5 - Please.

6. Linking Excel sheets in VB5

7. Creating Excel sheets from VB5

8. Need help displaying Excel sheet with VB5 - Please.

9. Creating an Excel sheet from VB5 Enterprise

10. Accessing Excel sheets from VB5

11. Excel Sheet Names - Excel.Application.Sheets("sheet1")

12. Embedded sheet not covered by SelfCert