Help -- Trying to get around VB's lack of graphics capabilities
Author Message
 Help -- Trying to get around VB's lack of graphics capabilities

Hi,

I am trying to write a program which downloads a GIF off of the
Internet, draws some circles and things on it (in code), and then
saves it to disk. I can download the GIF and put it in a PictureBox. I
can draw on it using Ellipse (Windows API). But I can't get the image
onto disk *with* the circles I drew. When I call SavePicture the
original picture gets saved but everything I drew is lost. I am going
crazy trying to figure out how to do this without totally reinventing
the wheel. Can anybody tell me what the simplest way to resolve this
problem is?

Thank you,
Alex Dowad
(note spam protection)

Mon, 02 Feb 2004 11:36:52 GMT
 Help -- Trying to get around VB's lack of graphics capabilities
Alex,

) try using the picturebox's own graphics methods: lineto, circle, etc
) a picturebox has both picture and image...and they interact in some wonky
way
) try copying your final pic to another picturebox and saving from there

--A

Mon, 02 Feb 2004 11:56:27 GMT
 Help -- Trying to get around VB's lack of graphics capabilities
Picture1.Autoredraw = True   ???

Quote:

>Hi,

>I am trying to write a program which downloads a GIF off of the
>Internet, draws some circles and things on it (in code), and then
>saves it to disk. I can download the GIF and put it in a PictureBox. I
>can draw on it using Ellipse (Windows API). But I can't get the image
>onto disk *with* the circles I drew. When I call SavePicture the
>original picture gets saved but everything I drew is lost. I am going
>crazy trying to figure out how to do this without totally reinventing
>the wheel. Can anybody tell me what the simplest way to resolve this
>problem is?

>Thank you,
>Alex Dowad
>(note spam protection)

Mon, 02 Feb 2004 17:26:00 GMT
 Help -- Trying to get around VB's lack of graphics capabilities

Quote:
>Picture1.Autoredraw = True   ???

Ha ha! It works! But only if I use Picture1.Image.

Thanks!

Alex

Tue, 03 Feb 2004 02:42:04 GMT

1. HELP: How do you get around the lack of control arrays

2. Work-Around for Lack of DWORD

3. Comment: VB's lack of objects

4. Looking for VB function to bounce graphic around screen - Please

5. Trying to learn VB....getting stuck....please help

6. Help getting around PCOPY

7. Side note: VB.net's Help files are incredible, I suggest everyone try them

8. Graphic example - 'smart' connected graphic objects

9. Graphic example - 'smart' connected graphic objects

10. Is there a call that returns graphic capabilities?

11. HELP - ODBC error I can't get around

12. VB App hanging around--won't quit