Detecting disconnected Terminal Server Client
Author Message
 Detecting disconnected Terminal Server Client

I have a VB5 app running in Terminal Server. We tell the users to
terminate the app before disconnecting or logging off the TS client,
but they forget sometimes.

How can I from within my VB app detect - say, evey 5 minutes - whether
the TS client has been disconnected? I could then just bring the app
to a tidy closedown.

Thanks.

Ben

Thu, 22 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Detecting disconnected Terminal Server Client
Perhapps , if it is  I assume some data strean m you are accessing on the
ts, you can capture either a portion of the stream and  compair it to
another capture at five minute intervals, if they are the same , propmt
user to continue, if no reply, disconect in your orderly fassion, if reply
from user resample wait five minutes and  compair to new sample .   this
workse either on the data stream or just as simply on the keyboard buffer
or stack area.  if you pick a data poiint that changes with use then  you
should beable to detecte its nonuse by detecting its non change.....

              Shaun M Pain, Ex-Programmer, gone native :-)

Quote:

> I have a VB5 app running in Terminal Server. We tell the users to
> terminate the app before disconnecting or logging off the TS client,
> but they forget sometimes.

> How can I from within my VB app detect - say, evey 5 minutes - whether
> the TS client has been disconnected? I could then just bring the app
> to a tidy closedown.

> Thanks.

> Ben

Fri, 23 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Detecting disconnected Terminal Server Client

Quote:

> I have a VB5 app running in Terminal Server. We tell the users to
> terminate the app before disconnecting or logging off the TS client,
> but they forget sometimes.

> How can I from within my VB app detect - say, evey 5 minutes - whether
> the TS client has been disconnected? I could then just bring the app
> to a tidy closedown.

You could use the IPDaemon control from IP*Works! as your server.
The IPDaemon control will detect and resolve disconnects for you,
you won't have to check if your connection is alive.

http://www.dev-soft.com/

Regards,

Eric M.

Fri, 20 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. How do I use WFAPI.dll with VB to get client name - Terminal Server client

2. How do I use WFAPI.dll with VB to get client name - Terminal Server client

3. Detecting if a client is running via terminal services

4. Terminal Server - Client Name

5. vbs fxn to detect terminal server session

6. Terminal Server Problem / Beep on the client machine

7. Terminal server advanced client

8. terminal server advanced client

9. Terminal server advanced client problem

10. Querying the ComputerName from a Terminal Server Client

11. Determine Terminal Server Session ID's from the Client

12. Application for Terminal Server clients