Try Again: How to change the printer in the Print Dialog of the Common Dialog
Author Message
 Try Again: How to change the printer in the Print Dialog of the Common Dialog

Subject about says it.  I am using the CommonDialog and also Active Reports
which calls the CommonDialog print screen.  I want to be able to select the
printer and have it show up before this dialog is displayed.  It would say a
couple of mouse clicks for my users.

I searched old VB Programmers Journals, KB, and MSDN On-Line Help for VB6.0,
but was not able to come up with anything.  This seems too easy and should
have been something Microsoft included.  If anyone knows how to do this, I
would appreciate some help.  Thanks in advance!

PS:  If you want to email me, please send to the following addresses:

Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Try Again: How to change the printer in the Print Dialog of the Common Dialog

set the cddialog.flag = cdlPDPrintSetup

Quote:

--
Robert Gelb
Data Express

Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Try Again: How to change the printer in the Print Dialog of the Common Dialog
That's a nice way to acknowledge someone's answer! Don't bother to say
something like "Sorry, that's not exactly what I was after ...". Just
completely ignore it and post again with a re-phrased question and the
Prefix "Try Again -"

Thanks

Mike

Quote:

>Subject about says it.  I am using the CommonDialog and also Active Reports
>which calls the CommonDialog print screen.  I want to be able to select the
>printer and have it show up before this dialog is displayed.  It would say
>couple of mouse clicks for my users.

>I searched old VB Programmers Journals, KB, and MSDN On-Line Help for
VB6.0,
>but was not able to come up with anything.  This seems too easy and should
>have been something Microsoft included.  If anyone knows how to do this, I
>would appreciate some help.  Thanks in advance!

>PS:  If you want to email me, please send to the following addresses:

Mon, 12 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using Printer common dialog changes default printer

2. Common Dialog Problem - Printer Dialog Copies Property

3. What is returned from the printer dialog or common dialog

4. What is returned from the printer dialog or common dialog

5. Question about the Common Dialog print dialog control

6. print dialog w/o common dialog

7. Microsoft Common Dialog Control 6.0 Problem (Print Dialog)

8. Common Dialog Print Dialog Portion

9. Common Dialog not changing printer

10. Using common dialog to change printer device context

11. Common Dialog - selecting & changing printer

12. Common dialog control changes default printer