Establishing an internet connection from behind an authentication proxy server
Author Message
 Establishing an internet connection from behind an authentication proxy server

Hello,

I have inherited some VB code that as expected revealed some bugs as
soon as it was turned over.

Here is the situation: we have an application (in VB of course) that
posts some data to an internet server using the standard HTTP POST
method. All the testing that was done on this application was done on a
machine that had a direct connection to the internet. Thus everything
worked.

The rub came when one of our beta test sites found a problem with their
proxy server. It turns out that they have a proxy server that asks you
each time you go out on the internet for a username and a password and
without this any request will fail.

We tried as a bunch of literature tells us to set the Inet.AccessType to
icUseDefault before calling Inet.Execute(...) but that seems to do
nothing at all.

Could anyone tell me then what I need to do to make sure that the
application goes and finds out the Internet Proxy Options and uses it
automatically without me having to code all the prompting stuff? I know
this can be done because I have seen shareware programs that use that
information to establish connections so, please please help me.

Thanks

--
Andriamananjara Tahirisoa

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 21 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Internet Transfer Control & proxy server authentication

2. Wininet API connection through proxy - can't get by error 407 (authentication)

3. Internet Transfert (INET) proxy authentication problem

4. Wininet API connection through proxy - can't get by error 407 (authentication)

5. Internet Transfer Control & Proxy Authentication

6. Wininet API connection through proxy - can't get by error 407 (authentication)

7. Can't add web reference from behind proxy server

8. Pulling down Web pages from behind a proxy server

9. winsock in vb behind proxy server

10. Problems using WinHttp with Proxy and Server Authentication simultaneously

11. Proxy server with authentication

12. Proxy Servers with authentication