Small toolbar look - toolbar control doesn't work properly
Author Message
 Small toolbar look - toolbar control doesn't work properly

Hi - I need to find a way to display that small toolbar look that
adorns many Win95 programs nowadays... When I try to use a toolbar
control and an imagelist, even if the imagelist pictures are 16x16,
the toolbar will not show the picture!

Any ideas?

Thaanks,

[][][] [][][]  []]  []/ Jon Reinberg
  []   []  []  [][] []/   "What"

 []    [][][]  []   []/ http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 05 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Small toolbar look - toolbar control doesn't work properly

Quote:

>> Hi - I need to find a way to display that small toolbar look that
>> adorns many Win95 programs nowadays... When I try to use a toolbar
>> control and an imagelist, even if the imagelist pictures are 16x16,
>> the toolbar will not show the picture!

>> Any ideas?

>> Thaanks,

>> [][][] [][][]  []]  []/ Jon Reinberg
>>   []   []  []  [][] []/   "What"

>>  []    [][][]  []   []/http://www.happypuppy.com/digitale/
>Did you right click the control and set the image indexes on the
>properties page that applies to buttons (think that is the name?!)
>--
>Charles C. Poston

You also have to specify each image for each button. VB defaults to 0,
or no picture. If you just specify the image list for your toolbar,
you'll get nada. You have to set the custom properties for the toolbar
control and ensure each button has an image index value.

Cary D. Beuershausen
Systems Engineer
Advanced Data Systems

http://www.jaxnet.com/~caryb

"Life would be much easier if I had the source code."

Sun, 07 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Small toolbar look - toolbar control doesn't work properly

Quote:

> Hi - I need to find a way to display that small toolbar look that
> adorns many Win95 programs nowadays... When I try to use a toolbar
> control and an imagelist, even if the imagelist pictures are 16x16,
> the toolbar will not show the picture!

> Any ideas?

> Thaanks,

> [][][] [][][]  []]  []/ Jon Reinberg
>   []   []  []  [][] []/   "What"

>  []    [][][]  []   []/http://www.happypuppy.com/digitale/

Did you right click the control and set the image indexes on the
properties page that applies to buttons (think that is the name?!)
--
Charles C. Poston

Mon, 08 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Small toolbar look - toolbar control doesn't work properly

Quote:

>>> Hi - I need to find a way to display that small toolbar look that
>>> adorns many Win95 programs nowadays... When I try to use a toolbar
>>> control and an imagelist, even if the imagelist pictures are 16x16,
>>> the toolbar will not show the picture!
>>Did you right click the control and set the image indexes on the
>>properties page that applies to buttons (think that is the name?!)
>>--
>>Charles C. Poston

>You also have to specify each image for each button. VB defaults to 0,
>or no picture. If you just specify the image list for your toolbar,
>you'll get nada. You have to set the custom properties for the toolbar
>control and ensure each button has an image index value.

Yes, I have done both of them - attached an Imagelist, and set the
indexes for buttons i have "inserted". Still no go. any more help?

Nice to meet you...

Tue, 09 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Small toolbar look - toolbar control doesn't work properly

Quote:

>>>Did you right click the control and set the image indexes on the
>>>properties page that applies to buttons (think that is the name?!)
>>>--
>>>Charles C. Poston

>>You also have to specify each image for each button. VB defaults to 0,
>>or no picture. If you just specify the image list for your toolbar,
>>you'll get nada. You have to set the custom properties for the toolbar
>>control and ensure each button has an image index value.
>Yes, I have done both of them - attached an Imagelist, and set the
>indexes for buttons i have "inserted". Still no go. any more help?

>Nice to meet you...

I had I problem where depending on the bmp file, all or portions of
the button image would not appear.  I found this in the KB.

"By default, the MaskColor property of the ImageList control is set to
black. This causes the black portions of images on toolbar
buttons (or any other control that uses an ImageList) to be masked out
and not appear. "

Resolution:
"Use the color dialog box that appears when you change a color
property to change the MaskColor property of the ImageList that
is bound to the toolbar to color other than black. Toolbar buttons
that have already been created will not change color at design
time unless they are refreshed by having one of their properties
modified. However, all buttons will appear correctly at run time. "

Hope it helps.

Jon Hedtke

Wed, 10 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Toolbar DropDownList doesn't work?

2. Toolbar in VB 5.0 doesn't work

3. Toolbar in VB 5.0 doesn't work

4. Toolbar in VB 5.0 doesn't work

5. Documenter doesn't work properly in A2K

6. Select method doesn't work properly

7. AllocUnit() function doesn't work properly with NTFS

8. VBScript Eval function doesn't work properly

9. STMAdmin.dll to query NT Log doesn't seem to work properly

10. My CommonDialog doesn't work properly

11. CreateProcess function doesn't work properly.

12. Match in DataCombo doesn't work properly