mouse function
Author Message
 mouse function

Hi all,

I have search for the MSDN online and find out that the following function
can display and hide the cursor,

   int ShowCursor(
     BOOL bShow   // cursor visibility flag
   );

However, I don't know how exactly can I use this function to hide the mouse
pointer, can any one teach me, thanks.

Student

*********************
The full content from MSDN is extracted below:

The ShowCursor function displays or hides the cursor.

int ShowCursor(
  BOOL bShow   // cursor visibility flag
);

Parameters
bShow
Specifies whether the internal display counter is to be incremented or
decremented. If bShow is TRUE, the display count is incremented by one. If
bShow is FALSE, the display count is decremented by one.
Return Values
The return value specifies the new display counter.

Remarks
This function sets an internal display counter that determines whether the
cursor should be displayed. The cursor is displayed only if the display
count is greater than or equal to 0. If a mouse is installed, the initial
display count is 0. If no mouse is installed, the display count is ?V1.

QuickInfo
  Windows NT: Requires version 3.1 or later.
  Windows: Requires Windows 95 or later.
  Windows CE: Unsupported.
  Header: Declared in winuser.h.
  Import Library: Use user32.lib.

Mon, 04 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 mouse function
Put the following declaration in the General Declaration section of a form:

  Private Declare Function ShowCursor Lib "user32" _
        (ByVal bShow As Long) As Long

Use the following code to hide the cursor:

        ShowCursor False

Use the following code to unhide the cursor

        ShowCursor True

Lee Weiner
Weiner AT fuse DOT net

Quote:
>Hi all,

>I have search for the MSDN online and find out that the following function
>can display and hide the cursor,

>   int ShowCursor(
>     BOOL bShow   // cursor visibility flag
>   );

>However, I don't know how exactly can I use this function to hide the mouse
>pointer, can any one teach me, thanks.

>Student

>*********************
>The full content from MSDN is extracted below:

>The ShowCursor function displays or hides the cursor.

>int ShowCursor(
>  BOOL bShow   // cursor visibility flag
>);

>Parameters
>bShow
>Specifies whether the internal display counter is to be incremented or
>decremented. If bShow is TRUE, the display count is incremented by one. If
>bShow is FALSE, the display count is decremented by one.
>Return Values
>The return value specifies the new display counter.

>Remarks
>This function sets an internal display counter that determines whether the
>cursor should be displayed. The cursor is displayed only if the display
>count is greater than or equal to 0. If a mouse is installed, the initial
>display count is 0. If no mouse is installed, the display count is ?V1.

>QuickInfo
>  Windows NT: Requires version 3.1 or later.
>  Windows: Requires Windows 95 or later.
>  Windows CE: Unsupported.
>  Header: Declared in winuser.h.
>  Import Library: Use user32.lib.

Mon, 04 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Mouse Functions

2. Mouse Functions

3. Mouse functions

4. move mouse function

5. ???Mouse function???

6. help me with mouse functions PLEASE 8^P

7. Mouse Wheel Off function

8. Mouse routines/functions in QB4.5?

9. QBasic functions needed to access the mouse

10. form.keypreview type function for mouse clicks?

11. Recording function for key and mouse entries

12. Mouse KeyPreview for Single Function Tooltips