RDO ResultSets vs 'Commit'
Author Message
 RDO ResultSets vs 'Commit'

Does anyone know of a way to allow an RDO ResultSet to 'survive' an
EndTrans( ) call made on its rdoConnection?
I am attempting to build a mechanism that :
(1) calls BeginTran( ) to start a Transaction,
(2) reads a row from a 'queue' of Transactions (rows held in an Ingres
DB table),
(3) processes the row as required,
(4) tags the row as 'processed' - initially I tried deleting it but the
ResultSet didn't survive that, either  (5) calls EndTrans( ) to wrap up
the transaction, and
(6) reads the next row in the ResultSet.

Everything works up to step (6), when I get error 40088 - "No open
cursor or cursor closed".  I've checked through the other stages and the
ResultSet is fine up to the MoveNext so, I assume, it's the EndTrans( )
that's causing the damage.

Any ideas gratefully received,
    Phill  W.

Fri, 04 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. COMMIT / ROLLBACK CLOSE MY RESULTSET IN RDO 2.0

2. RDO 2.0 and VB5: Resultset doesn't reflect new row

3. RDO ResultSet can't update/delete

4. Oracle commits vs Sybase/SQL-Server commits

5. Private Resultset vs. Public Resultset

6. Private Resultset vs. Public Resultset

7. RDO 'n' TrueGrid

8. ODBC Error 'hstmt' when using RDO

9. How to commit datagrid's current row?

10. Bound datagrid won't commit changes

11. Datagrid 6.0 won't commit changes to 7.0 SQL Database

12. CommitTrans isn't committing any transactions!