Playtime of a .wav file
Author Message
 Playtime of a .wav file

I am using MCI controls to play the audio files with .wav format. How
can I know how long the .wav file is except extracting the data from
the  WAV-header and calculate it by hand? Is there an API call I can use
to check if the background ( the audio file) process has finished?

I use VB4.0 32-bit pro edition on Win95.

Thanks in advance!
/D

Sat, 05 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Playtime of a .wav file

I'm not sure how to get the file length using the MCI Control, but if you
want to use the MciSendString API call, you can use the command "Status
AliasName Length" to return the length of the file.

-----------------------------
Marty Pavlovic
Andersen Consulting

The views expressed here are my own, not of Andersen Consulting.
-----------------------------

Quote:
> I am using MCI controls to play the audio files with .wav format. How
> can I know how long the .wav file is except extracting the data from
> the  WAV-header and calculate it by hand? Is there an API call I can use
> to check if the background ( the audio file) process has finished?

> I use VB4.0 32-bit pro edition on Win95.

> Thanks in advance!
> /D

Sat, 05 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. inserting wav files into other wav files

2. Create a new .wav file from an existing .wav file based on the date

3. playtime

4. Resource files containing WAV files

5. wav file or sound file in access?

6. Playing WAV files and MIDI files

7. Convert .WAV file to .MP3 file in VB6

8. Problem Loading .wav file from Resource File...

9. WAV files and resource files

10. opening resource file-based WAV files

11. Newbie (kind of)- Wav files in a Resource File

12. Embeding a wav file into a resource file