Line speed (sucks!), drawing rectangles
Author Message
 Line speed (sucks!), drawing rectangles

The line command of Visual Basic 4 isn't to speedy.  Does anyone know of a
faster alternative to line.

Thanks

Sun, 26 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Line speed (sucks!), drawing rectangles

If the AutoRedraw property of the control you are drawing on is set to True,
the performance of the line command is bad. However, if you turn off the
persistent bitmap (AutoRedraw = False), the performance is better. Using API
calls (MoveTo, LineTo) is not significantly faster. If you are drawing a
series of connected lines, check out the Polyline API call.

Quote:
>The line command of Visual Basic 4 isn't to speedy.  Does anyone know of a
>faster alternative to line.

>Thanks

Sun, 26 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Line speed (sucks!), drawing rectangles

The winAPI has a number of functions for drawing lines, rectangles and
polygons.
These are generally significantly faster than equivalent VB functions. Use
the API
viewer to get the declares (LineTo, MoveTo, Rectangle, PolyLine, etc)

Regards
    Alex.

--
Spam Alert: Please remove the 'X' in my email address when
replying to me.

Quote:
>The line command of Visual Basic 4 isn't to speedy.  Does anyone know of a
>faster alternative to line.

>Thanks

Thu, 30 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Line speed (sucks!), drawing rectangles

2. Drawing lines, rectangles etc.

3. Draw Resizing Rectangle/Line

4. Draw Resizing rectangle or line

5. Draw rectangle on form at runtime

6. Drawing filled rectangles to the screen in Powerpoint

7. Draw Rubber Rectangle in VB.Net

8. Drawing a Rectangle around a CheckBox?

9. Simply draw a selection rectangle with mousemovement

10. How to draw rotated rectangles in vb.net?

11. Is there a draw-rectangle component for VB?

12. REQUEST: Draw/Erase Rectangles via API in Access