Checking NT passwords thru VB
Author Message
 Checking NT passwords thru VB

Is there any way (via a COM object or API call) to validate a NT user
password against the domain or machine.

What I am looking for is the following:

x = CheckNTUserPassword("User", "PASSWORD", "DOMAIN1")

I am not looking to obtain a password, just check to see if it is valid.

thanks in advance

Mon, 25 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Checking NT passwords thru VB

Quote:

> Is there any way (via a COM object or API call) to validate a NT user
> password against the domain or machine.

> What I am looking for is the following:

> x = CheckNTUserPassword("User", "PASSWORD", "DOMAIN1")

> I am not looking to obtain a password, just check to see if it is valid.

> thanks in advance

Check my postings in microsoft.public.vb.winapi.network

Good Luck

Jeff Hong YAN

Mon, 25 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to check the users NT password

2. checking a user's NT password

3. check nt username/password

4. API Call to check NT user and password

5. User Logon/Password thru VB

6. Problem in reading NT registry thru VB

7. HELP! Checking network password from VB

8. Check USER/PASSWORD again in a VB Application

9. Changing NT Password in VB

10. VB dll for NT Passwords

11. Changing NT Network Password through VB

12. : Reading Access95 Database with Password thru VB4.0 code