Upload picture to picture box and *save*?????
Author Message
 Upload picture to picture box and *save*?????

I'm making an inventory I want the user to upload a picture into a
picture box (easy enough) then when the user uses the programme again,
the picture is still there automatically ..how can I do this?????

Wed, 15 Jun 2005 08:53:47 GMT
 Upload picture to picture box and *save*?????

Hello javatiger,

Quote:
> I'm making an inventory I want the user to upload a picture into a
> picture box (easy enough) then when the user uses the programme again,
> the picture is still there automatically ..how can I do this?????

You will have to re-load that same picture on every subsequent start.

This means that you will eventually have to store the picture itself at a
known (to the program) place, and to store the name of that stored picture
into some sort of initialisation-file.

A natural candidate for the initialisation-file would be the .INI-file (see
"GetPrivateProfileStringA" and "WritePrivateProfileStringA").

Regards,
  Rudy Wieser

Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:58:51 GMT
 Upload picture to picture box and *save*?????
Save the picture to a database file - or at least the name of the
picture to a database file. Then when the program is opened
again by the user, re-load the picture into the program by accessing
the name in the database.

If there are not many pictures ( a few hundred or less ) the use of
a simple Sequential File database will suffice for this purpose.

HTH,

Jim

Wed, 15 Jun 2005 11:14:03 GMT

1. Saving picture from a picture box using screen capturing

2. Saving/copying a own-drawn picture in a picture-box

3. Saving pictures from picture box in other formats (VB3)

4. How to save picture drawn on picture box ?

5. save picture from a picture box

6. insert picture box inside picture box

7. Print to Picture and then saving the new picture

8. How to change Picture in a Picture box

9. Invalid picture on bound picture box

10. displaying pictures in a picture box

11. Unloading a Picture from a Picture Box?

12. sending picture box with picture and text to a printer device