MDI child form, Min and Max buttons
Author Message
 MDI child form, Min and Max buttons

I would like to be able to disable the min and max buttons of an MDI
child, but if i do this, I cannot display the form within the parent.
Can anyone tell me why this is?

Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 25 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 MDI child form, Min and Max buttons

09 Sep 1999 10:03:21 GMT bearing the following fruit:

Quote:
>I would like to be able to disable the min and max buttons of an MDI
>child, but if i do this, I cannot display the form within the parent.
>Can anyone tell me why this is?

You can.  What error do you get if you try to display your form?
How are you trying to display your form?

Regards

Drac

Mon, 25 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 MDI child form, Min and Max buttons

Quote:
>I would like to be able to disable the min and max buttons of an MDI
>child, but if i do this, I cannot display the form within the parent.
>Can anyone tell me why this is?

no, but if you make the child form a different type (i think i use fixed
dialog) that will get rid of them entirely.
Quote:

>Thanks.

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Mon, 25 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 MDI child form, Min and Max buttons
Set the ControlBox property to false on the child form. This removes the
min, max, and close buttons entirely. (You have to handle window management
through the MDI form, usually with the standard Window menu which has
Cascade, Tile H, Tile V, etc.)

You should also be able to enable or disable either the Min or Max button,
or both. I've never had any trouble with this.

You may have some other property of your child form set improperly....

Craig Starnes

Quote:
>I would like to be able to disable the min and max buttons of an MDI
>child, but if i do this, I cannot display the form within the parent.
>Can anyone tell me why this is?

>Thanks.

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Mon, 25 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. MDI Form Min/Max Button

2. Disabling Min and Max buttons on MDI Form

3. Disabling Min, Max, and Close buttons on MDI form

4. Parent MDI form without Min and Max Buttons?

5. MDI form without title bar, control box, max/min buttons

6. How to hide the min/max buttons in a MDI form

7. Disabling Max/Min Buttons on MDI

8. Q: Form activate Fires On Non Child MDI Forms But Only Once On Child Mdi Forms

9. Capturing If user pressed max, min or normalize button on form

10. Icon on a Form without max/min buttons

11. ****ANYONE EXPERIENCE BUG WITH MAX WIN95 MDI CHILD FORM??***

12. min button on MDI form