VB6 and Package & Deployment Wizard
Author Message
 VB6 and Package & Deployment Wizard

Tue, 09 Jul 2002 09:31:04 -0500 bearing the following fruit:

Quote:
>I am making a VB6 application which I update quite often.  This past
>weekend I noticed some of the files were from an old revision.  I just
>thought the VB6 Deployment & Packing Wizard would update all files
>when I pointed the Wizard to the directory of the latest Revision.
>But, it doesn't work that way.

>When I am stepping through the steps of the Standard Setup Package and
>get to the "Included Files" step, where the Wizard shows the Path of
>each File.  The problem is the path of all my text files are of an old
>revision.  There is no way for me to update the path of a text file to
>include the path of the most recent text file.  Example:

>Ugly.txt   C:\VB6\Ugly\Rev0        shown in Package Wizard
>Ugly.txt   C:\VB6\Ugly\Rev5        The latest Revision

>I've looked throughout the Registry for the old path and file name,
>and can't find it.  Looked many throughout the HD and the VB6
>directories for an INI or text file showing the path and file name.

>Somewhere on my system VB6 is storing this packaging information.
>Please tell mr where it is located?

>Where does VB6 store the standard and deployment script?  Maybe my
>info is there.

It puts it in a file, I think it stores it in your project's
directory by default.

Plumber: A drain surgeon  (Leopold Fechtner)

Sun, 26 Dec 2004 00:06:23 GMT
 VB6 and Package & Deployment Wizard
It's all in the project .PDM file. You can uncheck the invalid files in
PDW and add new ones or you can edit the .PDM file directly. Editing
is probably easier if there are a lot of files involved, but the .PDM file
is an inexplicable mess of redundancy - you need to change entries
in 3 or 4 different places for each file.

> I am making a VB6 application which I update quite often.  This past
> weekend I noticed some of the files were from an old revision.  I just
> thought the VB6 Deployment & Packing Wizard would update all files
> when I pointed the Wizard to the directory of the latest Revision.
> But, it doesn't work that way.

> When I am stepping through the steps of the Standard Setup Package and
> get to the "Included Files" step, where the Wizard shows the Path of
> each File.  The problem is the path of all my text files are of an old
> revision.  There is no way for me to update the path of a text file to
> include the path of the most recent text file.  Example:

> Ugly.txt   C:\VB6\Ugly\Rev0        shown in Package Wizard
> Ugly.txt   C:\VB6\Ugly\Rev5        The latest Revision

> I've looked throughout the Registry for the old path and file name,
> and can't find it.  Looked many throughout the HD and the VB6
> directories for an INI or text file showing the path and file name.

> Somewhere on my system VB6 is storing this packaging information.
> Please tell mr where it is located?

> Where does VB6 store the standard and deployment script?  Maybe my
> info is there.

> Thanks

Sun, 26 Dec 2004 04:22:04 GMT

1. VB6:Using Package & Deployment Wizard

2. Package & Deployment Wizard Questions (VB6)

3. Question about VB6 Package & Deployment Wizard

4. VB6 Package & Deployment Wizard Question

5. VB6, Package & Deployment Wizard Help

6. VB6 Package & Deployment Wizard

7. Errors from VB6 Package & Deployment Wizard

8. Package&Deployment Wizard VB6

9. VB6 Package & Deployment Wizard

10. about the Package and Deployment Wizard (VB6)

11. VB6 (SP5): Package and Deployment Wizard Dependency File

12. VB6: Package/Deployment wizard bug?