MSAccess-style scrol
Author Message
 MSAccess-style scrol

D(>Subject: MSAccess-style scrolling subforms, anyone?

D(>I've been developing apps with Access for a while, and am just now
D(>learing about VB 4.0.  As a proof-of-concept for my management, I'm
D(>trying to duplicate the look and feel of an existing Access app.

D(>What is the equivalent of an Access subform, and how do you make one
D(>in VB?

If you're using datasheet subforms in Access, you can replace them with a
grid. If you're using form-view subforms, you'll have to use a container
control such as a frame, picture box etc., to get a similar effect. Either
way, you'll have to write code to synchronize the data as there's certainly
no equivalent to the Access child/master fields.

FWIW, I've replaced most of my subform implementations in Access with list
boxes for performance as recommended in the Access documentation. A DBGrid
or listview would be a more attractive alternative in VB4.

Joe

Never underestimate the power of a WAG.
e-mail:

---
 * WR  [NR] * UNREGISTERED EVALUATION COPY

Sat, 10 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. MSAccess-style scrolling subforms, anyone?

2. scrol form programmatically

3. How to scrol a text file that bigger then 65000k

4. How to scrol a text file that bigger is then 65000k

5. How to scrol a text file that bigger is then 65000k

6. Scrol-able label control?

7. Scrol a list box horizontaly

8. Vertical Scrol Bars Help Needed

9. scanning for existence of a style and saying what the style is

10. Customising behaviour of styles in Styles combobox

11. Working with Styles - Finding occurences of specific Styles

12. Browse a document style after style.