AnimatePalette in VB Pro 3.0
Author Message
 AnimatePalette in VB Pro 3.0

Hi there:

        I'm still trying to find something on AnimatePalette in VB Pro 3.0. I've downloaded the 5.5 Meg KB from Bill, and actually
found a lot of neat stuff, but nothing on AnimatePalette. This is verging on an obsession now rather than a curiousity, if you know
what I mean! :)
        Any information/links/advice will be applauded.

        Bill Hachey

BTW:    Problem I've set for myself:    smoothly fade a deep blue screen to a light blue screen, using AnimatePalette rather than
                                line, et al.

Mon, 01 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 AnimatePalette in VB Pro 3.0

Quote:

> Hi there:

>         I'm still trying to find something on AnimatePalette in VB Pro 3.0. I've downloaded the 5.5 Meg KB from Bill, and actually
> found a lot of neat stuff, but nothing on AnimatePalette. This is verging on an obsession now rather than a curiousity, if you know
> what I mean! :)
>         Any information/links/advice will be applauded.

>         Bill Hachey

Have you looked in Daniel Appleman's book "Programmers Guide to the
Windows API" ???

Check page 699 - Paltest program, he shows exactly how to do it
Here is the routine called from the timer event, perhaps you can
get what you need out of it.  I figure you found out about logical
palettes and their data structure, but here is a declare you might
have overlooked...

(Type both lines on one line)
Declare Sub AnimatePalette Lib "GDI" (ByVal hPalette%, ByVal wStartIndex%,
 ByVal wNumEntries%, lpPaletteColors As PALET{*filter*}TRY)

Sub DoTheAnimate ()
    Dim entrynum%
    Dim usepal%
    Dim holdentry As PALET{*filter*}TRY

    ' Get a handle to the control's palette
    usepal% = SendMessageByNum(PalTest.Picture1(2).hWnd, VBM_GETPALETTE, 0, 0)

    ' The following code simply loops the color values
    LSet holdentry = logPalettes(3).palPalEntry(0)
    For entrynum% = 0 To PALENTRIES - 2
        LSet logPalettes(3).palPalEntry(entrynum%) = logPalettes(3).palPalEntry(entrynum% + 1)
    Next entrynum%
    LSet logPalettes(3).palPalEntry(PALENTRIES - 1) = holdentry

    AnimatePalette usepal%, 0, PALENTRIES, logPalettes(3).palPalEntry(0)

End Sub

Mon, 01 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help please: VB 3.0 pro to VB 4.0 pro

2. Help please: VB 3.0 pro to VB 4.0 pro

3. VB 3.0 Pro vs VB 4.0 Pro

4. Is VB 3.0 Pro REALLY Pro ???????

5. AnimatePalette help in VBPro 3.0

6. 3.0 Pro to 4.0 Pro error

7. LPT1 Programming in VB for Win 3.0 Pro

8. VB 3.0 pro

9. Access 7.0 and VB Pro 3.0

10. Help on VB Pro 3.0

11. VB 3.0 pro How can I save text on the clipboard

12. CRW 4.5 PRO and ODBC 2.0 ,VB 3.0 and Complex Query