Transparent Windows in Windows 2000
Author Message
 Transparent Windows in Windows 2000

I just made a freeware called Glass2k in VB6, which will let Windows 2000
users make any/every window transparent/semi-transparent, like Linux or
MacOsX windows.

http://www.*-*-*.com/

It's in Beta version right now since I haven't made any configurable
options/settings yet. I was wondering if any Win2k user would try it out for
me and tell me if it works fine on their system.

Also, what settings should I offer?

Thanks a lot guys...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- :-)

Fri, 17 Oct 2003 03:09:43 GMT
 Transparent Windows in Windows 2000
That thing is buzzin!  I like it!  Too bad it's really slow on my PII-300
and Banshee doing big windows.

One bug: when setting a window back to solid, it doesn't redraw in the right
place if the top left corner is off-screen.  The top-left corner is limited
to zero or something like that - window positions are signed.  It's also not
redrawing solid when that happens, or maybe the solid is redrawn underneath
the transparent part.

You definately need to allow configuring the keys and saving them to the
registry or a file.  Can you do other effects like buttonize a window so the
edges are more transparent than the the inside?  Maybe make it so you can
select a certain area of the window and only fade that.  Also, you could add
something to check window titles or class and automatically set transparency
when it is re-created.  When you close a window (like messenger) and it's
recreated, it's not transparent any more.  I don't know if this is
possible...

Do you have forums this could be discussed in?

Quote:
> I just made a freeware called Glass2k in VB6, which will let Windows 2000
> users make any/every window transparent/semi-transparent, like Linux or
> MacOsX windows.

> http://www.chime.tv/products/packages/glass2k

> It's in Beta version right now since I haven't made any configurable
> options/settings yet. I was wondering if any Win2k user would try it out
for
> me and tell me if it works fine on their system.

> Also, what settings should I offer?

> Thanks a lot guys...

> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- :-)

Fri, 17 Oct 2003 11:52:18 GMT

1. Word 2000 from within VB: Windows 2000: error, Windows ME: ok

2. VBA problems Going from Windows 98 to Windows 2000

3. Windows 2000 and windows NT in one machine

4. installing vb program in Windows NT, Windows 2000

5. writing vbscript to know the OS of a remote PC ( is WIndows NT or WIndows 2000)

6. Windows Script 5.5 Beta 1 setup for Windows 2000 available

7. rds windows nt vs windows 2000 server

8. how kill the windows explorer in windows 2000.

9. Packaging Apps on Windows 2000 to run on Windows NT

10. Integrating to Windows Explorer and Windows 2000

11. VBA 6.5, Windows 2000 and Windows API

12. Side-by-side installation on Windows 98SE and Windows 2000