User Controls: Moving them around
Author Message
 User Controls: Moving them around

I'm having trouble with a user control.  It is sitting on top of another
user control.  I have a picture box on my new user control that is
basically just a thin blue line.  I want to use it to allow the user to
drag the control elsewhere.  With a regular control sitting on a form, I
would just start a drag method when the mouse was pressed down on the
control, then move when the form's drag-drop event is fired.  But that
doesn't seem to work for the control

I've tried using both Drag and OleDrag.  It does show the box around my
control as if it's being dragged, but I can't seem to find what event is
fired when I let go.  Is there a trick with OleDrag (I can of think
that's the one I really should be using) that I'm missing?

Can someone point me in the right direction on this?

Thanks,

Marty

Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 User Controls: Moving them around
This seems to be a similar problem to the one I posted the other day, but in
reverse. The best I have been able to figure out is that the usercontrol is
running in a seperate thread, and the dragging and dropping of controls is not
passing between these threads.

My problem was I was trying to drop a control from the main form onto a picture
box in the user control, and the events weren't firing. If you get any more
ideas on how to circumvent this problem, let me know too.

Regards
Mick

http://members.aol.com/midipapa/MONeill.htm
ICQ# 19344626

Mon, 12 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to disallow user move your form around?

2. Moving around in a data control

3. Moving nodes around in a treeview control

4. How to enable a control moving around ?

5. How to enable a control moving around ?

6. moving controls around on a form

7. Need help with moving controls around at rune time

8. Selecting and moving controls around the screen.

9. Move controls around a form?

10. Moving around objects

11. Moving data around in a text file

12. How can you move a borderless form around in 32-bit VB4 Enterprise