Win32 Code to Hide When You Run Command-Line Commands
Author Message
 Win32 Code to Hide When You Run Command-Line Commands

I figure you have to give a little to get a little. I've made two posts in this newsgroup
that I need replies to and they have the sender as "Shortcut Software". However, I would like
to contribute something useful. Since I suspect you don't want code uploaded to newsgroups, I
won't bother to do so.

reply when I can with the VB 4/32 Win 32 API code to spawn a hidden process. Another neat
thing about this code is that it waits until the spawned process is finished before
continuing with the rest of your VB 4 code.

An example of its usage. Let's say you wrote a slick VB program, but for one function, you
have to rely on a command-line command. I had to do this with the NET.EXE command in my case.
So, I used this code to spawn a process, hiding the fact that I was running a kludge NET.EXE
command, redirecting its output to a scratch file, then grabbing the output from it in the VB
program.

Sometimes you have to just hack!

Mike McKee

Sat, 22 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Running command-line commands through Access ?

2. Sleep command and running a command line in VBScript

3. Help with Win 95 screen saver command line - command line.zip [1/1]

4. Command-Line arguments using Command()

5. How to execute a command line command from a *.HTA

6. Executing command to command line from VB App

7. Running DOS Shell in hidden window, or using vb command instead

8. Run a DOS command and Get output of a DOS command in VB5

9. How to run command line on non microsoft applications

10. how to run command line option for posting message

11. run a macro from command line

12. running macros from the command line