VB HELP COMPILER - Unhandled Exception error
Author Message
 VB HELP COMPILER - Unhandled Exception error

I'm having trouble running the VB3.0 PRO help complier HC31 (504), wth
different responses on 2 different machines. I can set up emm386 so that
HC31 runs (no file) on both machines. The iconwrks example provided with
VB PRO will compile on one machine, but not the other, and my trial
program for an application won't compile on either. The MSDOS prompt
under windows (3.1 or WFWG 3.11) returns the errorbox "..violated system
integrity ... close applications..restart machine". Under DOS, Runtime
error R6915 - DOSX16:Unhandled exception is shown.

Any suggestions?? I have 32 meg on one machine, 4 on the other (where
iconwrks is OK), and have tried various memory sizes for emm386 and
paring the config.sys and autoexec.bat files to the bone. Is there
a more recent version of the HC program which overcomes these problems?

Any help appreciated.

Jim Gardner

Sat, 10 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 VB HELP COMPILER - Unhandled Exception error
: I'm having trouble running the VB3.0 PRO help complier HC31 (504), wth
: different responses on 2 different machines. I can set up emm386 so that
: HC31 runs (no file) on both machines. The iconwrks example provided with
: VB PRO will compile on one machine, but not the other, and my trial
: program for an application won't compile on either. The MSDOS prompt
: under windows (3.1 or WFWG 3.11) returns the errorbox "..violated system
: integrity ... close applications..restart machine". Under DOS, Runtime
: error R6915 - DOSX16:Unhandled exception is shown.

Jim,

It sounds like you need to get the latest help compiler (HCP.EXE).

It's at the microsoft ftp site.

ftp.microsoft.com Softlib/MSLFILES/HC505.EXE

Hope this helps...

-Fred

Sun, 11 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 VB HELP COMPILER - Unhandled Exception error
Quote:

> I'm having trouble running the VB3.0 PRO help complier HC31 (504), wth
> different responses on 2 different machines. I can set up emm386 so that
> HC31 runs (no file) on both machines. The iconwrks example provided with
> VB PRO will compile on one machine, but not the other, and my trial
> program for an application won't compile on either. The MSDOS prompt
> under windows (3.1 or WFWG 3.11) returns the errorbox "..violated system
> integrity ... close applications..restart machine". Under DOS, Runtime
> error R6915 - DOSX16:Unhandled exception is shown.

> Any suggestions?? I have 32 meg on one machine, 4 on the other (where
> iconwrks is OK), and have tried various memory sizes for emm386 and
> paring the config.sys and autoexec.bat files to the bone. Is there
> a more recent version of the HC program which overcomes these problems?

> Any help appreciated.

> Jim Gardner

I had the same problem.  I was Using Word 6.0.  The problem is probably that
the word processor you are using is not compatable with the Help compilor.
I solved my problem with Word 6.0 by downloading a update version of the VB
Help compilor from the Microsoft ftp site, ftp.microsoft.com ,.  The will also
mail you a new compilor for free; but that takes about 2 weeks.  The file is called
VBHC505.EXE.  You might be able to find it at other VB sites on the Net.

Greg

-------------------------If nothings right,  What's wrong?----------------------------

Sun, 11 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 VB HELP COMPILER - Unhandled Exception error

Quote:

>I'm having trouble running the VB3.0 PRO help complier HC31 (504), wth
>paring the config.sys and autoexec.bat files to the bone. Is there
>a more recent version of the HC program which overcomes these problems?

Yes.  Try downloading hc505.exe.  It contains 3 versions of the help
compiler, one of which is hcp.exe.  This version runs in DOS protected
mode, and will use more memory if need be.  This is the version I use
when compiling larger help files (ones with more graphics, or several
hundred topics).

--
Jim Gilbert                    all normal disclaimers about my opinions

Monsanto Co., St. Louis, MO

Sun, 11 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Unhandled exception error

2. Getting unhandled exception error with WNetOpenEnum

3. Error: An unhandled exception of type...

4. Unhandled Exception Error Unloading OLE Automation Server

5. Visio 2000 - Unhandled Exception Error

6. Unhandled Exception Error on Connection.Close?

7. getting unhandled exception error -- Access violation

8. Unhandled exception vb.net

9. VB OCX generating Unhandled exception

10. Unhandled Exception in CF (VB .NET) - image attached

11. Unhandled Exception Err MSAcc97

12. Unhandled exception in Visdata.exe(rpcrt4.dll)