How to install True Type Fonts In Win 3.1 with VB3
Author Message
 How to install True Type Fonts In Win 3.1 with VB3

Hello All,

First off...I have already searched DEJANEWS and found some info, but what I found does not
scratch my itch with this problem.

As the subject line says I need to find out how to install True Type fonts in Win 3.1 with VB3 code...

I know how to use AddFontResource to add a *.fon font resource to the system, and I know how
to use this API call to add the True Type *.fot font resource to the system.  But...How do I take a
*.ttf file and add it to the system?  (The *.fot appears to be created when I install the font with Font Minder,
but how do I get the *.fot file generated from my VB3 programs???  I know about updating the win.ini file too.)

Any ideas?

Charles

"Come Thou, Font Of Many Blessings!"

"For God So Loved The World, That He Gave His
 Only Begotten Son, That Whosoever Believeth
 In Him Should Not Perish, But Have Everlasting
 Life"John3:16  * http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~cbrtjr/wrdthing.html *

Tue, 24 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB3 program OK in WIn 3.1 but not in WIN 95

2. Win 3.1, Win 95, VB3 and Setup !!!

3. Installing True Type Fonts

4. True Type fonts and VB3

5. How to install a true type font by api

6. FONTS: Which are the default Win 3.1?

7. Q: Installing a font via 3.1 API

8. GPF in Win 3.1 Install

9. Hide mouse on VB3.0 or Win 3.1

10. How to install .dbf isam drivers with vb4 16 bit on win 3.1

11. ExitWindows strangeness with Pentium 83 (VB3, Win 3.1)

12. VB3 Pro VS. VB4 por under win 3.1