Help in understanding drag drop from a list box to a rich text box
Author Message
 Help in understanding drag drop from a list box to a rich text box

This should be really simple, but I am new to this, so if anyone can
help me get started, I'd appreciate it.

I have a list control with say 10 items in it.
I want the user to be able to drag any item from the list box and drop
it into a rich text box.
I don't want to use Automatic settings, because I want to add some
text to the text they're dropping from the list box into the text box.

How do I go about doing this?

The text that I will be adding to the list item will depend on where
it is dropped.

I'm not explaining this well, so here's another attempt.

Let's say I have a Rich Text control with text in it. I want the user
to be able to drag some text from a list box and drop it into the rich
text box control. The text that they will drop into this control I
want to be able to modify, so that if they drop it into the middle of
another word, I want to add a space either side to it.

There that's better.

Any advice?

Please would you send any replies to my e-mail address as well:

Thanks in advance,

James

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~jchall/

Mon, 11 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Rich Text Box OLE Drag and Drop

2. Resizing a Rich Text Box and a List Box

3. help: formatting rich text box/text box

4. Help - How to drag/drop file name into a text box

5. Colour Text Box/Class Wrapper for Rich Text Box

6. Newbie question: Rich Text Box vs. Text Box

7. Rich Text Box vs. Text Box Scrolling

8. Rich Text Box or text box control

9. Looking for APIs for text box and Rich text box

10. drag & drop list box items

11. Dragging and Dropping List Box context

12. drag and dropping into a directory list box