"Error accessing system registry" message
Author Message
 "Error accessing system registry" message

Please, help !

I am using VB 6.0 + SP3 on Windows NT 4.0.  + SP6.
After installing VB everything work fine for a while, but after some time
without any cause when trying Reference  from menu - "error accessing system
registry" message arise.
Seems to me there are no viruses on this computer - I checked it with latest
Norton.
I try to install on Windows 2000 Professional - the same thing.
There is Office 2000 also install on this computer.
May be it is a cause ? - There were some problems when installed it on other
accounts on this computer.
How can I check that the registry condition? I can access it successfully
from any other program.
Any ideas will be highly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Alexey Zorin

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 "Error accessing system registry" message

Quote:

> I am using VB 6.0 + SP3 on Windows NT 4.0.  + SP6.
> After installing VB everything work fine for a while, but after some time
> without any cause when trying Reference  from menu - "error accessing
system
> registry" message arise.
> Seems to me there are no viruses on this computer - I checked it with
latest
> Norton.
> I try to install on Windows 2000 Professional - the same thing.
> There is Office 2000 also install on this computer.
> May be it is a cause ? - There were some problems when installed it on
other
> accounts on this computer.
> How can I check that the registry condition? I can access it successfully
> from any other program.
> Any ideas will be highly appreciated.

Sounds very odd!

You can use REGMON to check on registry accesses to see what's going on
REGCHECK to check the condition of the registry
REGCLEAN to fix errors in the registry (probably the one to go for in your
case)

They are all freely available form the web...just type in the name of the
app. you're looking for into a search engine.

rd

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 "Error accessing system registry" message
Usually, error accessing system registry occurs when the current interactive
user tries to do something that requires updating the registry (like
installing an app or registering a class object) and does not have adequate
privileges to do so under their account.  Try the same operations from an
Administrator account (local admin on the machine if you have access).  If
that solves the problem you need to give the user account more privilege
(access to the registry - I don't recall which priv that is).

Quote:

> > I am using VB 6.0 + SP3 on Windows NT 4.0.  + SP6.
> > After installing VB everything work fine for a while, but after some
time
> > without any cause when trying Reference  from menu - "error accessing
> system
> > registry" message arise.
> > Seems to me there are no viruses on this computer - I checked it with
> latest
> > Norton.
> > I try to install on Windows 2000 Professional - the same thing.
> > There is Office 2000 also install on this computer.
> > May be it is a cause ? - There were some problems when installed it on
> other
> > accounts on this computer.
> > How can I check that the registry condition? I can access it
successfully
> > from any other program.
> > Any ideas will be highly appreciated.

> Sounds very odd!

> You can use REGMON to check on registry accesses to see what's going on
> REGCHECK to check the condition of the registry
> REGCLEAN to fix errors in the registry (probably the one to go for in your
> case)

> They are all freely available form the web...just type in the name of the
> app. you're looking for into a search engine.

> rd

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. "Unable to access system registry"

2. Access "Out of Memory" Error Message

3. Error message : "Error in loading DLL"

4. "Error loading from file" error message

5. Within VB4.0 "Could not access system registry" error message

6. CLIREG32 generates "Registry Error"

7. VB error "System Overflow" when printing

8. Access 2000 Error - "Application Defined Error"

9. "Invalid Argument" Error Message

10. "Reset the current code" error message

11. "Out of memory" error message

12. Error Message "Too Many Files" Random