Some Very Basic ActiveX Questions from a total ActiveX newbie
Author Message
 Some Very Basic ActiveX Questions from a total ActiveX newbie

Ok Here we go...

1:  An activeX control is a modified standard control (listbox, line,
picture box etc). Correct?

2: Can a simple control such as the line control. Be modified to add a
_click event?

3: Anyone know a good online site with a really basic primer on how to
do the above?

4: Anyone feel sorry for this total newbie and want to help me out?

Thanks in advance,

Dwayne Miller

Fri, 15 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Some Very Basic ActiveX Questions from a total ActiveX newbie
Partial answer:

An ActiveX control is not a modified standard control. You can use standard
controls in your ActiveX control if you want, but you can create a brand new
control from scratch if you want, a control unlike any control anyone has
ever seen.

You can add a click event if you want, but why add one to a line control?
You could't do this directly, but the UserControl object on which the line
control is placed has a click event and mouse events, so you could write
code to do whatever you wanted.

There are plenty of books that describe custom control creation. You should
modify somebody elses sample code before setting out to create a new control
from scratch. Custom control creation can be fun, but there are some
stumbling blocks for beginners.

Quote:
> Ok Here we go...

> 1:  An activeX control is a modified standard control (listbox, line,
> picture box etc). Correct?

> 2: Can a simple control such as the line control. Be modified to add a
> _click event?

> 3: Anyone know a good online site with a really basic primer on how to
> do the above?

> 4: Anyone feel sorry for this total newbie and want to help me out?

> Thanks in advance,

> Dwayne Miller

Sat, 16 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. newbie question - activeX lib usages

2. Help!! Newbie Questions: PKZIP, FTP ActiveX

3. Newbie : 2 questions about activex

4. Newbie ActiveX Question

5. ActiveX question from newbie

6. newbie question about activeX controls usage

7. getting values from an activex control (newbie question)

8. Newbie question about converting standard.exe to activex.dll

9. ActiveX Control for Internet Newbie Question

10. Newbie question on ActiveX Control

11. Newbie Activex Exe Question

12. ActiveX Control for Internet Newbie Question