VB Tasks not closing down in Win98
Author Message
 VB Tasks not closing down in Win98

Hi Folks
I have several VB applications which do not seem to close down even though
I exit them through the VB End statement. I have to press Ctrl/Alt/Del and
then end the task from the task list dialog window.

I'm using VB5 SP2

(I have noticed that MS Access 97 does the same thing sometimes)
Any ideas ?

Allan Davies

Thu, 11 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB Tasks not closing down in Win98
well just some things that might help.
You should have SP3 for VB5.
and if u have Office 97, you should have SP1 for it as well.

other than that, i have no problems with it

Quote:

> Hi Folks
> I have several VB applications which do not seem to close down even though
> I exit them through the VB End statement. I have to press Ctrl/Alt/Del and
> then end the task from the task list dialog window.

> I'm using VB5 SP2

> (I have noticed that MS Access 97 does the same thing sometimes)
> Any ideas ?

> Allan Davies

Thu, 11 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB Tasks not closing down in Win98

 do not use End statement when ending/quiting/closing  your VB app.

Thu, 11 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. After closing my application, Task is active an will not close

2. Excel + VB.NET + task will not be closed + UNIQUE insance problem

3. VB will not Close Down

4. Excel + VB.NET + task will not be closed + UNIQUE insance problem

5. Excel + VB.NET + task will not be closed + UNIQUE insance problem

6. Access not closing down

7. Pause the Win98 Task scheduler with VB

8. Application not closing down after printing reports

9. NT WS4.0/VB Form Unload Closes Down VB

10. SHELL Command Returns Task ID...How Can I Close The Task

11. Automatically closing down Access using code after a Modal window has been closed

12. Close Window or complete task from VB-App