Display Form / Pic Box on other Form
Author Message
 Display Form / Pic Box on other Form

Hi, Could any one give me simple solution to following!  I have a Form with
several std controls on (these could all be in a frame or Picture box if
they must).  The form/frame/picbox must be able to be displayed on a several
separate 'container' form(s) (not necessary at the same time).  I have tried
setting a frames .parant to the 'container' form & tried the .container
property of a frame etc - it no worky.  I did find a way using SetParent
(API) but i much prefer a VB method.  Thanks in advance.
--
Cheers - Smac.

Fri, 13 Aug 2004 22:27:03 GMT
 Display Form / Pic Box on other Form

Quote:
> Hi, Could any one give me simple solution to following!  I have a Form
with
> several std controls on (these could all be in a frame or Picture box if
> they must).  The form/frame/picbox must be able to be displayed on a
several
> separate 'container' form(s) (not necessary at the same time).  I have
tried
> setting a frames .parant to the 'container' form & tried the .container
> property of a frame etc - it no worky.  I did find a way using SetParent
> (API) but i much prefer a VB method.  Thanks in advance.

I'm not crazy about this because of the extra overhead, but you could make a
custom control for this, and put an instance of the control with it's own
special method on each of those forms.

the Windows Platform SDK proper uses property pages for this, but I haven't
figured it out with VB Property pages yet.

--
Peace & happy computing,

Mike Labosh, MCSD MCT
"Escriba coda ergo sum." -- vbSensei

Sat, 14 Aug 2004 02:44:24 GMT

1. VB 6 - Display a form transparent with a pic

2. maximize child form display multiple tool box controls on main form

3. irregular forms/pic boxes

4. form or pic box always on top

5. display form while a modal form is displayed

6. Displaying Records in List Box as Data is input to Text Box on Form

7. Adjusting a PIC box to match the pic in it

8. OLE pic to pic box

9. OLE pic to pic box

10. OLE pic to pic box

11. OLE pic to pic box

12. hollow boxes displayed when using a form