URGENT : VB3 and crystal problem
Author Message
 URGENT : VB3 and crystal problem

I wonder if anyone could help with the following, I'm getting desperate now

I have a dual boot machine with Win31 and NT4. I have installed on it VB3
and VB5 each with their corresponding Crystal Reports versions.

The problem i'm having is as follows :-

I have a report (Crystal version which comes with vb3) which runs against an
access v2 database. When I run it from within crystal itself and it has a
record selection formula eg. {master.key} = "0665252", crystal gives a
record when you try to produce the report but its illegible just garbled
characters. If I take the record selection formula out it works ok.

If I then try to link the crystal report formula in from  VB3 giving it no
selection criteria, it gives error 'Unable to connect to database'. I then
click on F5 to continue and the report appears?

My friend has the same kind of setup but when he tries the same report and
database, the record selection bit works but connecting from VB still comes
up with the 'Unable to connect to database' error.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Ian.

Sat, 07 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. very urgent - bad problem with Crystal Report deployment :((

2. very urgent - bad problem with Deployment Crystal Report

3. URGENT PLEASE - Crystal reports blank page problem

4. URGENT - Crystal Reports problem

5. Urgent: Crystal Report problem!!

6. Urgent crystal report problem

7. URGENT CRYSTAL REPORTS PROBLEM

8. Interesting problem - Crystal report - URGENT HELP NEEDED

9. URGENT HELP PLEASE - Crystal report blank page problem

10. URGENT - CRYSTAL DEPENDANCY PROBLEM WITH VB 6

11. Printing problem in VB3/Crystal Report- application

12. Crystal Reports/VB3.0 problem