VBrains!!! Certain WAV files don't play through MCI.VBX
Author Message
 VBrains!!! Certain WAV files don't play through MCI.VBX

Dear VBrains, VBoys and VBusters,

Here is the problem:

When I used the MCI.VBX to play certain WAV files, I get into
big trouble!!!!

When I start up windows, it plays a wave file through the
sound blaster speakers without a problem.  However, there are several specific
sounds (downloaded from the net) that
will not play through the Soundblaster speakers.  They play
through the PC speaker.  I have no clue why they don't play through
my sound blaster speakers.  They are all very
short (under 1.5 seconds) and if loaded into the Soundblaster
sound editor, they will play properly through the SB speakers.  However,
when played through the MCI.VBX, they are routed to my PC speakers
and truncated, so I only hear the first milisecond of the WAV file.

Do you have a clue as to why this happens?  If you do, you are
truly a VBasher to the 10th Degree!!!

Thanks so much.

Sincerely,
Steve at LavaMind

Don't miss our new HOME PAGE http://www.*-*-*.com/
Who are the LavaMinders?  In case you didn't guess, we're
independent game developers.  We've created a new CD-ROM title
called GAZILLIONAIRE (TM).  Gazillionaire is like playing Monopoly (TM)
set in outer space with funky Dr. Suess/Yellow Submarine style
graphics.  Now we're busy working on our second game called
ZAPITALISM (TM), which is another zany game of wheelin' and dealin'!

Tue, 26 Aug 1997 15:41:52 GMT

1. VBrains!!! Certain WAV files don't play through MCI.VBX

2. Q: using MCI control to play .wav file in a command button

3. MCI and playing *.wav files?

4. Playing WAV files with MCI.MMControl

5. Play .wav in VB4-32bit without MCI control

6. Play a .wav without MCI control.......sndPlaySound ??

7. Can't get WAV files to play!

8. Playing a WAV file isn't working async

9. PlayWAV - Play's wav files in win3.x\95 (free)

10. MCI.VBX and Playing wavs in loop

11. help playing wav's (here's the code)

12. Playing MOD's and WAV's in the background