How can I send faxes directly from VB5 to microsoft fax
Author Message
 How can I send faxes directly from VB5 to microsoft fax

Hi,

I'm developping an orderprogram which should have to capability to send a
fax.
The way I'm now following is select 'microsoft fax' as the standard printer
and then print.

I would like to know if there is a shortcut to directly assing the fax and
give the faxnumber to this routine.

All help and hints are welcome,

Many Thanks

Carel Knol
Netherlands

Thu, 09 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I send faxes directly from VB5 to microsoft fax

Using WinFax Pro 8.0 you can control the fax engine via OLE
Automation. You pass to the OCX object the .txt or .DOC file and
Winfax converts and send it. Then you can look on the logs to see if
it was delivered or got an error. on www.symantec.com they have all
the SDK documentation.

The same using the data-tech faxman control (www.data-tech.com)

Quote:

>Hi,

>I'm developping an orderprogram which should have to capability to send a
>fax.
>The way I'm now following is select 'microsoft fax' as the standard printer
>and then print.

>I would like to know if there is a shortcut to directly assing the fax and
>give the faxnumber to this routine.

>All help and hints are welcome,

>Many Thanks

>Carel Knol
>Netherlands

Thu, 16 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I send faxes directly from VB5 to microsoft fax

writes:

Quote:
>Hi,

>I'm developping an orderprogram which should have to capability to send a
>fax.
>The way I'm now following is select 'microsoft fax' as the standard printer
>and then print.

>I would like to know if there is a shortcut to directly assing the fax and
>give the faxnumber to this routine.

>All help and hints are welcome,

>Many Thanks

>Carel Knol
>Netherlands

Alternatively why not use the common dialog print box and select the current
printer and microsft fax and print to it, thats how i can do it on my computer
anyway!?

Billy
Update your bookmarks my VB home page has moved to:
www.angelfire.com/me/VBmaster/

Sat, 25 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I send faxes directly from VB5 to microsoft fax

     We have sample code on our web site that shows how to do this.  Go to
the Developers' Resource Center, then go to the Sample Source Code area and
download FAX.ZIP.

Have fun,
Bob
        "Do Your Important Software Projects Ever
            Go Over Budget or Miss Deadlines?"
Our experienced staff will successfully deliver
your important software project on-time and on-budget,
or we'll give you your money back!
Visit http://www.prestige-software.com to find out more!

> writes:

>Hi,

>I'm developping an orderprogram which should have to capability to send a
>fax.
>The way I'm now following is select 'microsoft fax' as the standard
printer
>and then print.

>I would like to know if there is a shortcut to directly assing the fax and
>give the faxnumber to this routine.

>All help and hints are welcome,

>Many Thanks

>Carel Knol
>Netherlands

Fri, 01 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. utilize microsoft fax to automatically send faxes from access

2. How do I send Fax using Microsoft Fax

3. How do I send Fax using Microsoft Fax

4. send fax number to microsoft fax

5. How do I send Fax using Microsoft Fax

6. Fax document(s) using Microsoft Fax on Win95

7. send directly a fax from access

8. How can i send a Fax Directly through VB

9. NT Personal Fax - SendObject will not send to fax number

10. Sending faxes from MAPI vs Printing to MS Fax

11. Unable to send faxes using Windows 2000 Faxing service

12. Automate FAX , FAX ROBOT , FAX OCX