TABCTL32.OCX old and new version
Author Message
 TABCTL32.OCX old and new version

Hi,

            I have a problem where at work that the actual TABCTL32.OCX is
in the c:\winnt\system32 directory. I cannot change the file
since it's protect. I have compile my program in VB6 and now when I run my
program at my job I can no longer use it because of the
OCX on the computer is too old, the 97 version and the one I'm using is the
98 version. Strange though it's a windows 2000 box and
it have the old OCX instead of the new one. When I start the program it's
says something about the current version of TABCTL32.OCX
is out dated and need to be updated(just can't recall the error message).
Anyway I would like that my program compile so it is
compatible with the old version. I just can't see a available option in VB6
on how to do that.

  Thank you, Stephan

Thu, 09 Jun 2005 12:29:54 GMT
 TABCTL32.OCX old and new version
It looks as if you are using the ssTab control

Personally I try to avoid using OCXes

I have a Usercontrol that simulates a Tab Strip (not ssTabs) at:

   www.iss.u-net.com/etabsim.htm

I wrote this to avoid distributing a pernicious OCX

On Sat, 21 Dec 2002 23:29:54 -0500, "Stephan Farley"

Quote:

>Hi,

>            I have a problem where at work that the actual TABCTL32.OCX is
>in the c:\winnt\system32 directory. I cannot change the file
>since it's protect. I have compile my program in VB6 and now when I run my
>program at my job I can no longer use it because of the
>OCX on the computer is too old, the 97 version and the one I'm using is the
>98 version. Strange though it's a windows 2000 box and
>it have the old OCX instead of the new one. When I start the program it's
>says something about the current version of TABCTL32.OCX
>is out dated and need to be updated(just can't recall the error message).
>Anyway I would like that my program compile so it is
>compatible with the old version. I just can't see a available option in VB6
>on how to do that.

>  Thank you, Stephan

Thu, 09 Jun 2005 18:15:34 GMT
 TABCTL32.OCX old and new version
Would it be possible to force my app to get it from
the path of my app before getting it from de c:\wint\system32 directory?

Quote:
> It looks as if you are using the ssTab control

> Personally I try to avoid using OCXes

> I have a Usercontrol that simulates a Tab Strip (not ssTabs) at:

>    www.iss.u-net.com/etabsim.htm

> I wrote this to avoid distributing a pernicious OCX

> On Sat, 21 Dec 2002 23:29:54 -0500, "Stephan Farley"

> >Hi,

> >            I have a problem where at work that the actual TABCTL32.OCX
is
> >in the c:\winnt\system32 directory. I cannot change the file
> >since it's protect. I have compile my program in VB6 and now when I run
my
> >program at my job I can no longer use it because of the
> >OCX on the computer is too old, the 97 version and the one I'm using is
the
> >98 version. Strange though it's a windows 2000 box and
> >it have the old OCX instead of the new one. When I start the program it's
> >says something about the current version of TABCTL32.OCX
> >is out dated and need to be updated(just can't recall the error message).
> >Anyway I would like that my program compile so it is
> >compatible with the old version. I just can't see a available option in
VB6
> >on how to do that.

> >  Thank you, Stephan

Fri, 10 Jun 2005 05:40:47 GMT
 TABCTL32.OCX old and new version

Quote:

> Would it be possible to force my app to get it from
> the path of my app before getting it from de c:\wint\system32
> directory?

That's not how ActiveX DLLs work though. There is a registry entry
(typically made via regsvr32.exe) that the app uses to locate the OCX.

Jason

Fri, 10 Jun 2005 07:07:49 GMT
 TABCTL32.OCX old and new version
I found a way to fix it. Since those files were registered already all I had
to do is to get the service pack 3 for VB5(ftp.microsoft,com.......)
, transfer de necessary OCX in a folder and then to go in the component and
then click browse and select the older OCX and voila.
I finally made it work today at my job. I'm really happy that it was that
simple because I really don't want to start to build OCX
myself and trying to copy the same behavior, hell no, just too much other
things to do. Hope it help other people :)

Quote:

> > Would it be possible to force my app to get it from
> > the path of my app before getting it from de c:\wint\system32
> > directory?

> That's not how ActiveX DLLs work though. There is a registry entry
> (typically made via regsvr32.exe) that the app uses to locate the OCX.

> Jason

Sat, 11 Jun 2005 10:00:17 GMT

1. How to uninstall older version of ocx and install a new one

2. Older version of MDAC installed on a pc with a newer version

3. Older version of MDAC installed over a newer version

4. Older version of MDAC installed on a pc with a newer version

5. Tabctl32.ocx dependency file (Tabctl32.deb)

6. Problem installing new OCX over old OCX

7. VB4-16 Setup Wizard won't install newer version exe over old

8. Problems with COMDLG32.OCX and TABCTL32.OCX

9. OCX CONTROL can't register TABCTL32,OCX

10. Old versus new OCX and DLL problems with VB/Access

11. Old Old VB To New VB

12. check for new version OCX