Letting go of a DLL ?
Author Message
 Letting go of a DLL ?

Hi,

Okay - I've written a DLL in VC++ 4.0 to be called by VB4 pro on
WIN-NT3.51 and managed to get it working (although my solution isn't
pretty) and have run into a niggling problem when running my program from
the IDE.  Now, on the first call to one of the DLL functions VB loads the
DLL but never seems to let it go after finnishing my program.  My DLL has
LOTS of global vars (Did someone mention bad programming practise? ;> )
which I need for maxium speed.  So anyway these variables and their values
hence stay in memory when the program quits.  When the program gets run
again these variables still have their old values instead of being reset
as is the case when the DLL is terminated.  Can I get Visual Basic to free
the DLL when the program quits or am I stuck with this bug? At the momment
I have to start a new project (which does clear the DLL from memory) and
then load up the project for my program - which is a bit of a pain.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Simon

Wed, 23 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Word won't let go of Excel?

2. Data Control Won't Let Go...

3. Make VB let go of Excel?

4. HScroll in User Control wont let go

5. Focus Won't Let Go (VB4.0)

6. LET ME EXPLAIN MYSELF NOW--this has gone on long enough

7. HELP - Graphics Server Not Letting Go!!

8. Run does not let go Word

9. VB Won't Let Go

10. Please release me, let me go....

11. CRW Won't Let Go...