How do you determine DIRECTORY size?
Author Message
 How do you determine DIRECTORY size?

Is there a way to determine the size (in MB, or whatever) of an entire
directory?   Here's my only constraint: I don't want to have to scroll through
each file of the directory and add up all the filesizes (simply because it's
slow).  Is there a function, either API or whatever that's similar to
filelen(filepath)?  Or is there another way?

Thanks.
Kevin

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Kevin McCracken

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Sun, 11 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How do you determine DIRECTORY size?

Quote:

>Is there a way to determine the size (in MB, or whatever) of an entire
>directory?   Here's my only constraint: I don't want to have to scroll
through
>each file of the directory and add up all the filesizes (simply because
it's
>slow).  Is there a function, either API or whatever that's similar to
>filelen(filepath)?  Or is there another way?

>Thanks.
>Kevin

>-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

>Kevin McCracken

>-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I'm afraid the answer appears to be no. Adding individual file sizes is the
only way I know of, even in C.

_ _
o o   Jason Teagle
 <

Please ONLY respond via e-mail if you want to catch my attention - I don't
necessarily look at the newsgroups all the time.

Sun, 11 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. determine size of directory contents ?

2. Size file or size directory

3. Directory Size (inc sub-directories) - Whats the quickest way to determine?

4. Determining when a file's done with Winsock

5. Using MCI (vb4-32): Done event and Dynamic Sizing

6. How to determine current database directory

7. VBA to Determine the Current Directory

8. Determining 'home' directory

9. Determining 'home' directory

10. Determining whether Directory is there?

11. Determining prog's startup directory??

12. Determining Installation directory