error 'can't find *.dll'
Author Message
 error 'can't find *.dll'

    My program cannot find the dll that I am trying to call to.  I have put
the dll in the windows system folder, in the VB folder, and all over my
path, but it still can't find it.  What am I doing wrong, is there a special
trick to this??  The dll is cards.dll, which is used by solitaire (I
believe), and solitaire runs fine.
I am using VB 5.0 CCE

Thu, 30 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 error 'can't find *.dll'

You need to do one of a few things:

- Register it using regsvr32

- Set it in the referance list (click view -> referances, then browse for
the dll)

Hope that helps.
Natman

Quote:

>    My program cannot find the dll that I am trying to call to.  I have put
>the dll in the windows system folder, in the VB folder, and all over my
>path, but it still can't find it.  What am I doing wrong, is there a
special
>trick to this??  The dll is cards.dll, which is used by solitaire (I
>believe), and solitaire runs fine.
>I am using VB 5.0 CCE

Thu, 30 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 error 'can't find *.dll'

you must check that the dll is register and then
verify that the proyect uses the correct GUID of that dll

use

regsvr.exe with path and name of the file
then,
trye again
if it doesn't work check the vbp file with the notepad and the frm files
see if the number in brackets correspons to the number of the dll in the
regedit application, to execute find RegEdit.exe in system folder.

I hope to help you

Quote:
>     My program cannot find the dll that I am trying to call to.  I have
put
> the dll in the windows system folder, in the VB folder, and all over my
> path, but it still can't find it.  What am I doing wrong, is there a
special
> trick to this??  The dll is cards.dll, which is used by solitaire (I
> believe), and solitaire runs fine.
> I am using VB 5.0 CCE

Mon, 04 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error '48' DLL not found

2. Error '48' DLL not found

3. Help: Run-time error '48': File not found: Cards.dll (0/1)

4. Help: Run-time error '48': File not found: Cards.dll (1/1)

5. 'Canned' data in VB program

6. VB5 DLL Error - Can't Find Entry Point in ...dll

7. VB5 DLL Error - Can't Find Entry Point in ...dll

8. Finding running DLL's and OCX's

9. Can't find dll's

10. 'File Not Found' error

11. 'Element not found' error