Visual Basic Screensaver Tips
Author Message
 Visual Basic Screensaver Tips

I'm putting together a screensaver in Visual Basic 5 and would appreciate
a few tips on several questions. If anyone could email an answer to these
2 questions or point me to a web site with answers, I would appreciate it!
My questions are:

1. The screensaver is meant to feature pictures fading in and out. How can
you create a fade effect using pictures?

2. When I created the .scr file, it didn't include the graphic JPEGs so I
found if I was to install the screensaver on another computer, I'd have to
copy all the JPEGs also. Is there a way to "bundle" the JPEGs with the
.scr file so it's all one file rather than a handful of files? (makes it
easier for people to download that way)

I would greatly appreciate it if you can email me any info at

Thanks in advance,
John Cook

URL http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 16 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Basic Screensaver Tips

for number 2 - create a blank form and load all the pictures into it that
way its part of the project and the resultant exe

Mark

--
Stop by Marks Palace at http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/1133
Full of original content: Doc Savage, Conan, comics, stories, games and

Quote:

>I'm putting together a screensaver in Visual Basic 5 and would appreciate
>a few tips on several questions. If anyone could email an answer to these
>2 questions or point me to a web site with answers, I would appreciate it!
>My questions are:

>1. The screensaver is meant to feature pictures fading in and out. How can
>you create a fade effect using pictures?

>2. When I created the .scr file, it didn't include the graphic JPEGs so I
>found if I was to install the screensaver on another computer, I'd have to
>copy all the JPEGs also. Is there a way to "bundle" the JPEGs with the
>.scr file so it's all one file rather than a handful of files? (makes it
>easier for people to download that way)

>I would greatly appreciate it if you can email me any info at

>Thanks in advance,
>John Cook

>URL http://www.sev.com.au

Sun, 16 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Basic Screensaver Tips

For the first one, I believe you mean a cross fade (pict 1 fade to pic 2).
I have sample source, so send me an e-mail.

For the second, you can try loading them to a resource file and include
that resource file to your vb project.  I don't think it can handle jpg,
on;ly bmps.

--
CKL

Quote:
> I'm putting together a screensaver in Visual Basic 5 and would appreciate
> a few tips on several questions. If anyone could email an answer to these
> 2 questions or point me to a web site with answers, I would appreciate
it!
> My questions are:

> 1. The screensaver is meant to feature pictures fading in and out. How
can
> you create a fade effect using pictures?

> 2. When I created the .scr file, it didn't include the graphic JPEGs so I
> found if I was to install the screensaver on another computer, I'd have
> copy all the JPEGs also. Is there a way to "bundle" the JPEGs with the
> .scr file so it's all one file rather than a handful of files? (makes it
> easier for people to download that way)

> I would greatly appreciate it if you can email me any info at

> Thanks in advance,
> John Cook

> URL http://www.sev.com.au

Sun, 16 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
[...]

Mon, 17 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Visual Basic Tips, Sample, Source-Codes

2. Visual Basic Corner: Free tips, tricks, tools, links,.......

3. Visual Basic : Tips and tricks

4. Visual Basic Tips und Tricks auf Deutsch!

5. Visual Basic Corner: Free tips, tricks, tools, links,.......

6. creating screensavers in visual basic

7. New knowledgebase site - looking for authors, articles or tips about Visual Basic

8. visual basic screensaver password

9. Visual Basic : Tips and Tricks

10. Visual Basic 5 Screensavers...

11. Visual Basic Corner: Free tips, tricks, tools, links,.......

12. Using Visual basic to make screensavers