Help !!! Crystal Report 4.6 with database in Excel
Author Message
 Help !!! Crystal Report 4.6 with database in Excel

Hi all,

    I would like to use VB5.0 for the Front-end to work with database
 in Excel. The connection with Excel works OK with the form in VB.
 I want to create report and use SQL statement to count how
 many record for each field in this report.

   I don't get any problem with the Form. In the Form, the number 100,
 70 get from the SQL statement. For example:

    "SELECT Count([OPDIV]) As C1R1 from  [Table$] WHERE [OPDIV] = 'FDA'
    AND NOT ISNULL([Sent to OPDIV])" is for RecordSource of datacontrol,
   and the text box is bound by C1R1 in SQL statement.

     The output looks like this:

   -------------------------------------
   |     |  # of Questions  |
   |Type |                  |
   |-----|------------------|-----------
   | FDA |     --------     |
   |     |    |  100   |    |
   |     |     --------     |
   -------------------------------------
   | IHS |    ---------     |
   |     |    |   70   |    |
   |     |    ---------     |

        I want to try these things in my report

       My problem is in Crystal Report. When I select NEW REPORT, it
   asks me DataFile to select and it doesn't include Excel format
   ( just *.mdb, *.db , *.dbf ). If I select Excel file .xls then it has
   a message : "File .xls is not a know database type. Please choose
   again".  If I open database in Access, how can I insert SQL statement
   for the text field in my report.

      Please help me out. The output in the Form is OK, just the problem
   in Crystal report to keep the output look like above. I don't want to
   convert database in Excel to database in Access, but use directly
   this Excel database.

       Thanks in advance.

  Hiep Nguyen

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 01 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
[...]

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Fri, 01 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Crystal Report 4.6 in Crystal Report 6.0

2. Help !!! Problem with Crystal report 4.6

3. Printer ports problem in Crystal reports 4.6 - Please Help

4. Crystal Report 4.6 NEED HELP!!!

5. Need help with SelectionFormula in Crystal Reports 4.6

6. SQLQuery in Crystal Report 4.6 : NOT FILTERING DATA (HELP)

7. Crystal Reports 4.6 Question - Please Help!?!

8. crystal reports 4.6 help PLEASE!!!!!!!

9. Crystal Reports 4.6 help

10. Problem refreshing report data in crystal reports 4.6

11. Crystal Reports 4.6 / VB5 Tables in Report

12. Crystal Report 4.6 and Sub report