Printing Problems
Author Message
 Printing Problems

I have taken an older application and was upgrading it to version 6.0
from version 5.0 and I have run into a problem.  I have a form that I
use to print some information using the PrintForm command.  The form's
height is set at 15,000 and everything worked fine in version 5.0.
When I put it into version 6.0 the print out was cut off at 11,520.  I
was printing this information on a 8.5 x 11 piece of paper and the
bottom 3 inches are blank.  The display in this application is set to
800 x 600 and it appears to be printing the part of the form that is
actually displayed on the screen, but it did not do this in the
previous version.  I can not figure out what changed between versions
that would cause this to happen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dennis

Tue, 14 Sep 2004 08:09:51 GMT
 Printing Problems

Quote:
> I have taken an older application and was upgrading it to version 6.0
> from version 5.0 and I have run into a problem.  I have a form that I
> use to print some information using the PrintForm command.  The form's
> height is set at 15,000 and everything worked fine in version 5.0.
> When I put it into version 6.0 the print out was cut off at 11,520.  I
> was printing this information on a 8.5 x 11 piece of paper and the
> bottom 3 inches are blank.  The display in this application is set to
> 800 x 600 and it appears to be printing the part of the form that is
> actually displayed on the screen, but it did not do this in the
> previous version.  I can not figure out what changed between versions
> that would cause this to happen.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you sure the printer is not set to landscape? Those numbers would
be approximately right for landscape vs. portrait.

Terry Austin

Tue, 14 Sep 2004 07:29:10 GMT
 Printing Problems
just a guess but...

the part of the form which isn't displayed on screen, can the user access
it, i.e. scroll or something? If there's no way of getting to it maybe the
printer doesn't print it. i.e. only printing what it can see. Also, how is
the data on the form you wish to print displayed i.e. using 'PRINT "Info" or
a Text Box etc?

--

[p.a.]Kane's Jihad |GNA|
www.clanpa.com

Quote:
> I have taken an older application and was upgrading it to version 6.0
> from version 5.0 and I have run into a problem.  I have a form that I
> use to print some information using the PrintForm command.  The form's
> height is set at 15,000 and everything worked fine in version 5.0.
> When I put it into version 6.0 the print out was cut off at 11,520.  I
> was printing this information on a 8.5 x 11 piece of paper and the
> bottom 3 inches are blank.  The display in this application is set to
> 800 x 600 and it appears to be printing the part of the form that is
> actually displayed on the screen, but it did not do this in the
> previous version.  I can not figure out what changed between versions
> that would cause this to happen.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> Dennis

Tue, 14 Sep 2004 09:17:12 GMT
 Printing Problems
There is a limit to the height of a VB Form, and that limit depends on lots
of different things, not the least of which is the "current" screen
resolution. In any case, the PrintForm method is an abomination, and should
be avoided at all costs! Tell us what your program is supposed to do, and
what it is supposed to print, and we will help you to do it.

Mike

Quote:
> just a guess but...

> the part of the form which isn't displayed on screen, can the user access
> it, i.e. scroll or something? If there's no way of getting to it maybe the
> printer doesn't print it. i.e. only printing what it can see. Also, how is
> the data on the form you wish to print displayed i.e. using 'PRINT "Info"
or
> a Text Box etc?

> --

> [p.a.]Kane's Jihad |GNA|
> www.clanpa.com
> AIM: KaneJihad

> > I have taken an older application and was upgrading it to version 6.0
> > from version 5.0 and I have run into a problem.  I have a form that I
> > use to print some information using the PrintForm command.  The form's
> > height is set at 15,000 and everything worked fine in version 5.0.
> > When I put it into version 6.0 the print out was cut off at 11,520.  I
> > was printing this information on a 8.5 x 11 piece of paper and the
> > bottom 3 inches are blank.  The display in this application is set to
> > 800 x 600 and it appears to be printing the part of the form that is
> > actually displayed on the screen, but it did not do this in the
> > previous version.  I can not figure out what changed between versions
> > that would cause this to happen.

> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> > Dennis

Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:11:04 GMT
 Printing Problems
Currently, I have a form designed the way my customer wants it to
look.  Nothing fancy just a certain format.  I then populate some text
boxes with data from a database and then print with PrintForm.

The operator clicks a Print button from another form, which loads this
form fills the text boxes prints and then unloads.  The operator only
sees it for a second.

The format never changes only the information, which comes from a
database.  What is driving me crazy is that I can run the version 5
program and it works fine.  If I run the version 6 program the bottom
gets cut off.  Same computer, same printer, same program just complied
with version 6.

Thanks
Dennis

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002 02:11:04 -0000, "Mike Williams"

Quote:

>There is a limit to the height of a VB Form, and that limit depends on lots
>of different things, not the least of which is the "current" screen
>resolution. In any case, the PrintForm method is an abomination, and should
>be avoided at all costs! Tell us what your program is supposed to do, and
>what it is supposed to print, and we will help you to do it.

>Mike

>> just a guess but...

>> the part of the form which isn't displayed on screen, can the user access
>> it, i.e. scroll or something? If there's no way of getting to it maybe the
>> printer doesn't print it. i.e. only printing what it can see. Also, how is
>> the data on the form you wish to print displayed i.e. using 'PRINT "Info"
>or
>> a Text Box etc?

>> --

>> [p.a.]Kane's Jihad |GNA|
>> www.clanpa.com
>> AIM: KaneJihad

>> > I have taken an older application and was upgrading it to version 6.0
>> > from version 5.0 and I have run into a problem.  I have a form that I
>> > use to print some information using the PrintForm command.  The form's
>> > height is set at 15,000 and everything worked fine in version 5.0.
>> > When I put it into version 6.0 the print out was cut off at 11,520.  I
>> > was printing this information on a 8.5 x 11 piece of paper and the
>> > bottom 3 inches are blank.  The display in this application is set to
>> > 800 x 600 and it appears to be printing the part of the form that is
>> > actually displayed on the screen, but it did not do this in the
>> > previous version.  I can not figure out what changed between versions
>> > that would cause this to happen.

>> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.

>> > Dennis

Wed, 15 Sep 2004 02:15:11 GMT
 Printing Problems

Quote:
> Currently, I have a form designed the way my customer wants it to
> look.  Nothing fancy just a certain format.  I then populate some text
> boxes with data from a database and then print with PrintForm.

> The operator clicks a Print button from another form, which loads this
> form fills the text boxes prints and then unloads.  The operator only
> sees it for a second.

> The format never changes only the information, which comes from a
> database.  What is driving me crazy is that I can run the version 5
> program and it works fine.  If I run the version 6 program the bottom
> gets cut off.  Same computer, same printer, same program just complied
> with version 6.

This is why PrintForm is not the way to print stuff. You should, in fact,
pretend it doesn't exist. Do it with the Printer object.

Terry Austin

Wed, 15 Sep 2004 00:33:34 GMT

1. Printing problem : several prints at same time

2. Printing problem : several prints at same time

3. Urgent printing problem to generic print driver

4. Printing problem several prints at same time

5. Printing problems when repeating to print the same report from VB6.0

6. Print preview OKAY, printing PROBLEM, Help !

7. DoCmd. printing problem

8. Print problem

9. Print Problem

10. printing problem

11. Printing problems (revisited)

12. A record printing problem after conversion from Access95 to Access97