Access 7.0 File Size Increases
Author Message
 Access 7.0 File Size Increases

I have a problem with Access95 Ver 7.0 that is very troubling.

Working in the development environment of Access, every time I save my MDB
file, the size of the file gets larger...even if there has been no changes
to the file that needs saving.

After saving a file 8 to 10 times, it not unusal for the file size to
increase by 50% or more.  After a few hours of working on the design of
forms, etc. it is not unusal for a file of 300K to grow to 2.5MB.

The only help I have gotten from Gateway and Microsoft so far is to to use
database Repair and Compact tools.  these do reduce the size back to
expected valules, but does not "Correct" the problem.

Has anyone else experienced this and/or have a fix?

(PS.. does UseNet have an Access Message board also?  I haven't found it
yet if it does)

Thanks.

Fri, 02 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Access 7.0 File Size Increases

Hi

There is no fix for this except to upgrade to Access 97 which actually
produces .MDB files smaller than Access 2.0 and does not suffer from such
dramatically increasing file sizes. Note that most database programs (not
just Access) exhibit this behaviour to some degree.

The Access newgroup is COMP.DATABASES.MS-ACCESS

hth

Rob Agnew
r&d TeamSoft

Quote:
> I have a problem with Access95 Ver 7.0 that is very troubling.

> Working in the development environment of Access, every time I save my
MDB
> file, the size of the file gets larger...even if there has been no
changes
> to the file that needs saving.

> After saving a file 8 to 10 times, it not unusal for the file size to
> increase by 50% or more.  After a few hours of working on the design of
> forms, etc. it is not unusal for a file of 300K to grow to 2.5MB.

> The only help I have gotten from Gateway and Microsoft so far is to to
use
> database Repair and Compact tools.  these do reduce the size back to
> expected valules, but does not "Correct" the problem.

> Has anyone else experienced this and/or have a fix?

> (PS.. does UseNet have an Access Message board also?  I haven't found it
> yet if it does)

> Thanks.

Sat, 03 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Adding new column into Access increases the size of the file

2. Increasing size of Access Application

3. Access 2 increasing the size of a field using Basic

4. Access database size increase

5. Help - MS Access Size Increased!

6. Insert Pic as OLE increase file size dramatically

7. Usage commandbar ==> increasing file size

8. file size increase problem

9. file size increase problem

10. Increase field size in linked table

11. mdw increases in size...

12. Database keeps on increasing in size