create EXCEL with VB without EXCEL installed
Author Message
 create EXCEL with VB without EXCEL installed

I'm curious,

For an upcoming project, i wonder if i can write code so i can create 1
simple EXCEL sheet with about 100 lines of data, without EXCEL actually
installed on the computer (registered in the REGISTRY).
I want to distribute my program to individuals of which i don't know if
they have EXCEL installed on their machine.

I've once read something about EXCEL (JET)-engine drivers.
Can i include them with my code ?
How does this work ?
Anyone with experience on this PLEASE advise.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Thanks in advance
Marcel

Sat, 30 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 create EXCEL with VB without EXCEL installed

Quote:

> i wonder if i can write code so i can create 1 simple EXCEL sheet
> [...] without EXCEL actually installed on the computer?[...]

I found a company, SciTek, which claims to have a product
for such a purpose, called Excel Toolkit.  Their webpage claims:
"The toolkit is designed to allow creation of Excel format files on
any platform without having to purchase or use Microsoft Office"
There is a free test download available on the webpage.
The cost is $65 dollars per platform (Microsoft VB, C++, Unix, etc)
I don't know the rules about distributing applications created with
it, have not tried it, and have no connection or direct information
about the company.  Here are two links to pages about it:

http://www.scitek.co.uk/html/what_s_new.html
http://www.scitek.co.uk/html/excel_toolkit.html

Tom Creutz

Sun, 31 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using an Excel file without having Microsoft Excel installed

2. Using Excel object without installing Excel?

3. Creating Excel Files Without Excel...

4. Is this doable: drive Excel in VB without Excel installation

5. Write to an Excel file from VB without Excel present

6. Saving an Excel file without using Excel

7. Saving an Excel file without using Excel

8. Accessing an Excel file without opening Excel

9. Reading Excel files without opening excel

10. Write a Excel File Without Excel App

11. Printing in Excel Without Having Excel

12. OLE: Excel worksheet without using Excel