HELP with moving borderless forms around screen
Author Message
 HELP with moving borderless forms around screen

i have a form that is borderless.  i want to be able to move the form
around the screen, but i cant figure it out.

can someone help.

Thanks in advance!

Fri, 29 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP with moving borderless forms around screen
i have a form that is borderless.  i want to be able to move the form
around the screen, but i cant figure it out.

can someone help.

Thanks in advance!

Fri, 29 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP with moving borderless forms around screen

Quote:
>i have a form that is borderless.  i want to be able to move the form
>around the screen, but i cant figure it out.

Declarations:

' API to send messages around the place
' On one line
Declare Function SendMessage Lib "User" (ByVal hWnd As Integer, ByVal
wMsg As Integer, ByVal wParam As Integer, lParam As Any) As Long
' API that will release the things I captured (??)
Declare Sub ReleaseCapture Lib "User" ()
' Constants used for moving controls with SendMessage
Global Const WM_NCLBUTTONDOWN = &HA1
Global Const HTCAPTION = 2

MouseDown:

If Button = 1 Then
   Dim Returnval%
   ReleaseCapture
   Returnval% = SendMessage(hWnd, WM_NCLBUTTONDOWN, HTCAPTION, 0)
End If

Jens
--
* Everything I said are the opinions of someone else.   *
* I just cut-and-pasted.                                *

Jens Balchen jr.       http://www.sn.no/~balchen

Fri, 29 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. How can you move a borderless form around in 32-bit VB4 Enterprise

2. help with move forms around

3. How to move a borderless form?

4. Moving a shaped borderless form in real time??

5. moving borderless window / form

6. moving borderless window / form

7. moving borderless window / form

8. Borderless Borderless Form

9. How do you move a picture around the screen

10. moving things around the screen with arrow keys

11. Selecting and moving controls around the screen.

12. How to disallow user move your form around?