Please Help ...VBasic and C++ compiles EXE files
Author Message
 Please Help ...VBasic and C++ compiles EXE files

Make the ctest program a dll that gets all its input via argument passing.
Then just call the dll from within VB.

tmk

Quote:
>does anyone knows how I can write the user interface part of VBasic
program.
>I am really interested on how to hook up the Ctest.exe  to my Vbasic
program
>project.

Wed, 15 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Please Help ...VBasic and C++ compiles EXE files

hello;

Let's say that we have a c++ program that goes as follows:
    A function that add 2 intgers, another that substract 2 integers, and
third function that multiply 2 integers, plus 2 functions; one that asks the
user for input, ant the other to display the output.  The file is compiled
to   Ctest.exe     using c++ compiler.

does anyone knows how I can write the user interface part of VBasic program.
I am really interested on how to hook up the Ctest.exe  to my Vbasic program
project.

Thu, 16 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Please Help ...VBasic and C++ compiles EXE files

I would create a DLL in VC that contains the arithmetic functions, and
fully isolate the user interface within the VB code.

You can get full source to a sample VC5 DLL and the VB5 program to
exercise it at my site. It demonstrates how to perform just such an
operation as you are describing, as well as how to pass and manipulate
other types of data.

Michael D. Long
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/9478/

Quote:
> hello;

> Let's say that we have a c++ program that goes as follows:
>     A function that add 2 intgers, another that substract 2 integers, and
> third function that multiply 2 integers, plus 2 functions; one that asks
the
> user for input, ant the other to display the output.  The file is
compiled
> to   Ctest.exe     using c++ compiler.

> does anyone knows how I can write the user interface part of VBasic
program.
> I am really interested on how to hook up the Ctest.exe  to my Vbasic
program
> project.

Thu, 16 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Please Help ...VBasic and C++ compiles EXE files

What you would probably want to do is compile the C++ program to a DLL,
then access the C++ functions from Visual Basic by declaring each function
like:

Declare Function "FunctionName" Lib "DLLName" (arglist) as Type

Just like you would set up a Windows API function call.

Mike Graham

Quote:
> hello;

> Let's say that we have a c++ program that goes as follows:
>     A function that add 2 intgers, another that substract 2 integers, and
> third function that multiply 2 integers, plus 2 functions; one that asks
the
> user for input, ant the other to display the output.  The file is
compiled
> to   Ctest.exe     using c++ compiler.

> does anyone knows how I can write the user interface part of VBasic
program.
> I am really interested on how to hook up the Ctest.exe  to my Vbasic
program
> project.

Sun, 19 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error when running compiled EXE files, please help!

2. Rego or license numbers in VBasic .EXE compiles?

3. PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP,

4. Help converting a C++ linked list to VBasic

5. QBasic ->VBasic ->file.exe

6. Please help for charity! VBasic help

7. Please help for charity! VBasic help

8. Compile RC-file to Resource-file with RC.exe

9. VB5 compiled module vs compiled DLL written in Visual C++ 5

10. Help required for transferring VBasic 3.0 (16 bit) to VBasic 5.0

11. can't make an .exe file (please help me )

12. Help Please wiit autrun starting a VB .exe file