After closing my application, Task is active an will not close
Author Message
 After closing my application, Task is active an will not close

Hi all,

after closing my application, the tast of my application is always running.

Tha last action in my application is a QUIT-Button (action: unload form).

My application is closed, but a task is still running. I don't know why.

Does anybody has an idea?

cu Thomas

Wed, 21 Sep 2005 23:00:40 GMT
 After closing my application, Task is active an will not close

Quote:
> Hi all,

> after closing my application, the tast of my application is always
running.

> Tha last action in my application is a QUIT-Button (action: unload form).

> My application is closed, but a task is still running. I don't know why.

> Does anybody has an idea?

> cu Thomas

Hi,

I'm sure there are many possible reasons, in my experience one possibility
is that you've left an instance of a class running.
Be sure that you destroy all the class instances that you've created while
the app was running.
Hidden forms can have that effect too.

Hope this helps.

MFK.

Wed, 21 Sep 2005 23:42:46 GMT
 After closing my application, Task is active an will not close
Hi Michael,

thanks a lot for your reply. I tried to unload all forms by pressing the
quit button, but no other result.

i hope, i can find out, how to close the open task.

cu Thomas

Michael Keating schrieb:

Quote:

>>Hi all,

>>after closing my application, the tast of my application is always

> running.

>>Tha last action in my application is a QUIT-Button (action: unload form).

>>My application is closed, but a task is still running. I don't know why.

>>Does anybody has an idea?

>>cu Thomas

> Hi,

> I'm sure there are many possible reasons, in my experience one possibility
> is that you've left an instance of a class running.
> Be sure that you destroy all the class instances that you've created while
> the app was running.
> Hidden forms can have that effect too.

> Hope this helps.

> MFK.

Thu, 22 Sep 2005 00:31:02 GMT
 After closing my application, Task is active an will not close

Quote:
> Hi all,

> after closing my application, the tast of my application is always
running.

> Tha last action in my application is a QUIT-Button (action: unload
form).

> My application is closed, but a task is still running. I don't know
why.

> Does anybody has an idea?

Are you by any chance using the End statement to end your program?

Rick - MVP

Thu, 22 Sep 2005 00:43:02 GMT
 After closing my application, Task is active an will not close
Something in your program is still "running".

Take a look at all of your code and see what you
initiated and whether or not you have 'unloaded' those
items and set those items = Nothing.

ex:  Unload Form1
       Set Form1 = Nothing
       End

--
Thanks !

Jim

"If you are living like there is no God ...
  ... you better be right !"

Thu, 22 Sep 2005 00:52:11 GMT
 After closing my application, Task is active an will not close
Hi Rick,

what do you mean with "end statement" (end sub ???)

Thomas

Rick Rothstein schrieb:

Quote:

>>Hi all,

>>after closing my application, the tast of my application is always

> running.

>>Tha last action in my application is a QUIT-Button (action: unload

> form).

>>My application is closed, but a task is still running. I don't know

> why.

>>Does anybody has an idea?

> Are you by any chance using the End statement to end your program?

> Rick - MVP

Thu, 22 Sep 2005 00:54:55 GMT
 After closing my application, Task is active an will not close
Hi Rick,

what do you mean with "end statement" (end sub ???)

Thomas

Rick Rothstein schrieb:

Quote:

>>Hi all,

>>after closing my application, the tast of my application is always

> running.

>>Tha last action in my application is a QUIT-Button (action: unload

> form).

>>My application is closed, but a task is still running. I don't know

> why.

>>Does anybody has an idea?

> Are you by any chance using the End statement to end your program?

> Rick - MVP

Thu, 22 Sep 2005 00:56:03 GMT
 After closing my application, Task is active an will not close
Thanks a lot, everything works fine now.

cu Thomas

Logit schrieb:

Quote:
> Something in your program is still "running".

> Take a look at all of your code and see what you
> initiated and whether or not you have 'unloaded' those
> items and set those items = Nothing.

> ex:  Unload Form1
>        Set Form1 = Nothing
>        End

> --
> Thanks !

> Jim

> "If you are living like there is no God ...
>   ... you better be right !"

Thu, 22 Sep 2005 01:11:17 GMT
 After closing my application, Task is active an will not close

writes

Quote:
>after closing my application, the tast of my application is always running.

I managed to get that something like that by leaving a Timer control
running.

Regards.

--
Martin Trump

Thu, 22 Sep 2005 00:28:55 GMT
 After closing my application, Task is active an will not close
If you don't know, that is good <g>. The End statement (End by itself;
not End Sub) is a throw back to the old, old days of the original
BASICs. It stops everything in VB dead-in-its-tracks allowing NO time
for VB to clean up correctly. It should never be used. What you
suggested as a problem **could** have resulted from using it; hence, my
question. I'm glad to see you have resolved your problem.

Rick - MVP

Quote:
> Hi Rick,

> what do you mean with "end statement" (end sub ???)

> Thomas

> Rick Rothstein schrieb:

> >>Hi all,

> >>after closing my application, the tast of my application is always

> > running.

> >>Tha last action in my application is a QUIT-Button (action: unload

> > form).

> >>My application is closed, but a task is still running. I don't know

> > why.

> >>Does anybody has an idea?

> > Are you by any chance using the End statement to end your program?

> > Rick - MVP

Thu, 22 Sep 2005 01:26:52 GMT
 After closing my application, Task is active an will not close
But the more important issue now is to remove those lines you added, and
determine exactly what was actually preventing the app from terminating
properly, so you can actually 1) address that, and 2) learn what not to do
in the future!

--

Randy Birch
MVP Visual Basic

: Thanks a lot, everything works fine now.
:
: cu Thomas
:
: Logit schrieb:
: > Something in your program is still "running".
: >
: > Take a look at all of your code and see what you
: > initiated and whether or not you have 'unloaded' those
: > items and set those items = Nothing.
: >
: > ex:  Unload Form1
: >        Set Form1 = Nothing
: >        End
: >
: > --
: > Thanks !
: >
: > Jim
: >

: >
: > "If you are living like there is no God ...
: >   ... you better be right !"
: >
: >
:

Thu, 22 Sep 2005 09:28:36 GMT

1. Close from Control Box Doesn't Close Application

2. Reports Closing when Application Closes

3. Excel + VB.NET + task will not be closed + UNIQUE insance problem

4. Close All Active Application

5. VB Tasks not closing down in Win98

6. Closing an active application

7. Excel + VB.NET + task will not be closed + UNIQUE insance problem

8. Excel + VB.NET + task will not be closed + UNIQUE insance problem

9. .ldb not closing when .mdb is closed

10. VBA Project does not close when workbook is closed

11. Form does not close from the UpperRight X Close button

12. window.close closes webbrowser but not the form itself