Difference between Data Report and Crystal?
Author Message
 Difference between Data Report and Crystal?

I take it that the new Data Report in VB6 is meant to replace Crystal. How
does it compare?
Can it access ODBC databases like Oracle , or Informix easily? How do the
drivers compare? Any other pros/cons v. Crystal?

Fri, 23 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Difference between Data Report and Crystal?
So far, I'm not very impressed with the VB6 Report Designer.  Little things,
such changing the orientation of the report seem to be impossible and there
is nothing in the MSDN about this.  Worse yet, no one in this group seems to
know anything about this.  I posted the question twice, but got no response
(I guess people here are too busy trying to find API calls that roll down
your car window if it is raining).  For now, I'm sticking with Crystal
(Which is still available on the Visual Studio 6 disks.  You just have to
look for it.)  Crystal Reports seems to be the report generator of choice.
Quote:

>I take it that the new Data Report in VB6 is meant to replace Crystal. How
>does it compare?
>Can it access ODBC databases like Oracle , or Informix easily? How do the
>drivers compare? Any other pros/cons v. Crystal?

Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. printing without crystal report or data report for non data base reports

2. Difference between crystal reports 9 standard and other versions

3. Difference Between Crystal Report and Vb6 DataReport

4. Crystal Reports ver 6 Std and 6 Pro differences

5. Printing Crystal Reports without Crystal Control ActiveX or Crystal Reports API call

6. Crystal Reports or Data Reports

7. VB6 Data Reports or of Crystal Reports?

8. Using an existing crystal report, but programmatically redirecting where/how the report gets its data

9. Crystal Report vs MS Data Report Designer

10. refresh data in crystal reports report

11. Crystal not saving sub report data with report

12. Problem refreshing report data in crystal reports 4.6