ActiveX wont deploy to Win 2K - why, Why WHY
Author Message
 ActiveX wont deploy to Win 2K - why, Why WHY

Hi,

I have both user created .ocx in VB6 and a dhtml app also created in VB 6.
Cabs were created with Package and Deployment wizard.  Both were developed
on a Win2000 professional workstation.  Both of these deploy perfectly to
Win98 with IE 5 and NT 4 with IE 5 but refuse to deploy to Win2000
Professional.  All that happens is I get asked if it is OK to install the
activeX control, it seems to install but thats it.  Nothing else, and when I
check under Tools, options, Settings, View Objects... they're no where to be
found.  Apreciate any help.

Thanks,

Warren Havemann

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 ActiveX wont deploy to Win 2K - why, Why WHY
Did you try clicking "Browse" in the component list to find the
component?  Did you check the registry to make sure that it was
registered properly?

Am I correct in assuming that your problem is that your .ocx does not
appear to be installed?

John Hofmann

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have both user created .ocx in VB6 and a dhtml app also created in
VB 6.
> Cabs were created with Package and Deployment wizard.  Both were
developed
> on a Win2000 professional workstation.  Both of these deploy
perfectly to
> Win98 with IE 5 and NT 4 with IE 5 but refuse to deploy to Win2000
> Professional.  All that happens is I get asked if it is OK to install
the
> activeX control, it seems to install but thats it.  Nothing else, and
when I
> check under Tools, options, Settings, View Objects... they're no
where to be
> found.  Apreciate any help.

> Thanks,

> Warren Havemann

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. why why why why

2. Why why why why?

3. Why Why Why

4. VB6 ListView: Why oh why oh why...

5. Why, Why, Why!!!!!!!!!!!

6. !Excel/VB: why why why?

7. Why,Why,Why are javabeans completely ignored?

8. VB6 ListView: Why oh why oh why...

9. Why is that some ActiveX objects wont work in Notes

10. Why won't my ActiveX Document Work?

11. Help as to why my ActiveX control won't download thru IE

12. Why Won't my ActiveX Control run(Sometimes)