W2K and NT - Task Sheduler: Resetting a Password within a Task
Author Message
 W2K and NT - Task Sheduler: Resetting a Password within a Task

Hi,

I' ve written a VB-program to change a set of passwords on remote
servers. The program should change the passwords of scheduled task
too.

It's looking like there are two not fully compatible mechanisms to
schedule Tasks: the AT-command and the GUI-Interface.
Jobs planned with the AT-commando are shown in the GUI - Jobs planned
with the Task Schedule Wizard are not shown by the AT-commando (!).
Furthermore there is no possibility to change the user and password of
the executing user with the AT-command. With the GUI-Interface you can
change user and password.

The "normal" programming-interfaces (ITaskScheduler etc.) seem to be
based on the AT-command. Since I want to change the password, I'm now
searching for another possibility to change scheduled tasks.

Can anyone help me?

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 15:34:46 GMT
 W2K and NT - Task Sheduler: Resetting a Password within a Task

Quote:
> Hi,

> I' ve written a VB-program to change a set of passwords on remote
> servers. The program should change the passwords of scheduled task
> too.

> It's looking like there are two not fully compatible mechanisms to
> schedule Tasks: the AT-command and the GUI-Interface.
> Jobs planned with the AT-commando are shown in the GUI - Jobs planned
> with the Task Schedule Wizard are not shown by the AT-commando (!).
> Furthermore there is no possibility to change the user and password of
> the executing user with the AT-command. With the GUI-Interface you can
> change user and password.

> The "normal" programming-interfaces (ITaskScheduler etc.) seem to be
> based on the AT-command. Since I want to change the password, I'm now
> searching for another possibility to change scheduled tasks.

ITaskScheduler and related interfaces are the interfaces for the new task
scheduler (the gui interface).  You would call the
IScheduledWorkItem::SetAccountInfo to change the user name and password (you
would actually call this through ITask, since IScheduledWorkItem is the base
interface for ITask).  I'm not sure how to interacte with AT jobs, since
they are automatically converted to the new jobs - that's why you see them
in the interface, but it doesn't work the other way.

Can you be a little more specific about your requirements?

Tom Shelton

Thu, 14 Oct 2004 12:35:02 GMT
 W2K and NT - Task Sheduler: Resetting a Password within a Task
The function you mentioned seems to be what I'm looking for, but I
haven't found a VB Interface for the IScheduledWorkItem Interface. I'm
not firm enough in VB to translate the c/c++ samples in VB.  Can you
help me calling this function remotely in VB?

Thank you

    Thomas

Fri, 15 Oct 2004 21:35:11 GMT
 W2K and NT - Task Sheduler: Resetting a Password within a Task

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 W2K and NT - Task Sheduler: Resetting a Password within a Task

Quote:
> The function you mentioned seems to be what I'm looking for, but I
> haven't found a VB Interface for the IScheduledWorkItem Interface. I'm
> not firm enough in VB to translate the c/c++ samples in VB.  Can you
> help me calling this function remotely in VB?

Heinz,

I have a typelibrary that I made for vb, and a wrapper dll.  The dll doesn't
implement remote invocation (it would amount to adding one method though),
and can be found at
http://www.mtogden.com/~tom/files/SchedulingAgentVB6.zip.  The source code
for the dll (including the idl src and the compiled typelibrary) are at
http://www.mtogden.com/~tom/files/SchedulingAgentSource.zip.  This should
give you at least some idea of what you need to do to call these methods.
To call these remotely you use the ITaskScheduler::SetTargetComputer.  Of
course you need to have remote scheduling enabled and proper permissions to
make it work.

HTH,
Tom Shelton

Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:49:20 GMT

1. W2k Task-Scheduler -> find hanging tasks

2. Task Sheduler using wsh

3. Setting Username and Passwords for a scheduled task in MS Task Scheduler

4. how to hide task display on task manager in NT

5. Unable to run script via W2K Terminal Services Task Scheduler

6. How to Create Task Item in Someone Else's Task Folder

7. Adding tasks to a named task list

8. Task and Task Request

9. Keep updated copy of this task on my task list

10. Numbering tasks in task folder...

11. Hide Tasks on web task page

12. Export Timephased values for Task 0 (Project Summary task)