Runtime error on machines without VB installed
Author Message
 Runtime error on machines without VB installed

Hi all,

I have a problem with my application running on PCs that DO NOT have VB
installed on them.

The line(s):

    Dim MciCtl
    Set MciCtl = CreateObject("MCI.MMcontrol")

cause:

    "Run-time error 429 - ActiveX component can't create object"

The application was installed using the packaging & deployment wizard with
Visual Studio 6. I have tried installing the vbrun60sp3 run-time files which
made no difference.

I have come to a standstill, and would really appreciate any comments/help
on this.

Thank in advance,

Nick T

Sun, 27 Jul 2003 17:11:23 GMT
 Runtime error on machines without VB installed
might want to cehck the OCX Files. I had problems when i tried to run stuff
on other computers. Goto Componets(in vb5) and look for the selected ones,
make sure they are all found on the other persons computer.

Quote:
> Hi all,

> I have a problem with my application running on PCs that DO NOT have VB
> installed on them.

> The line(s):

>     Dim MciCtl
>     Set MciCtl = CreateObject("MCI.MMcontrol")

> cause:

>     "Run-time error 429 - ActiveX component can't create object"

> The application was installed using the packaging & deployment wizard with
> Visual Studio 6. I have tried installing the vbrun60sp3 run-time files
which
> made no difference.

> I have come to a standstill, and would really appreciate any comments/help
> on this.

> Thank in advance,

> Nick T

Mon, 28 Jul 2003 04:38:40 GMT
 Runtime error on machines without VB installed
All the components and references are included in the install/setup program
and seem to install correctly.

:(

I really don't know what the hell is going wrong. I don't know enough about
CreateObject or MMcontrol to know what to try next...

Can anyone HELP me...?!?

Nick

Quote:

>might want to cehck the OCX Files. I had problems when i tried to run stuff
>on other computers. Goto Componets(in vb5) and look for the selected ones,
>make sure they are all found on the other persons computer.

>> Hi all,

>> I have a problem with my application running on PCs that DO NOT have VB
>> installed on them.

>> The line(s):

>>     Dim MciCtl
>>     Set MciCtl = CreateObject("MCI.MMcontrol")

>> cause:

>>     "Run-time error 429 - ActiveX component can't create object"

>> The application was installed using the packaging & deployment wizard
with
>> Visual Studio 6. I have tried installing the vbrun60sp3 run-time files
>which
>> made no difference.

>> I have come to a standstill, and would really appreciate any
comments/help
>> on this.

>> Thank in advance,

>> Nick T

Wed, 30 Jul 2003 03:20:16 GMT

1. Crystal Reports on a machine without VB installed

2. creating web folder through VB without Frontpage being installed on the machine

3. VB6 Q: Deployment wizard settings for installing on a machine without IE4

4. Crystal runs on machine with VB5b but not without - despite install wizard app

5. Error Win 95 Machines Using VB (Works Fine on NT Machines)

6. install vb 6.0 on vb.net machine?

7. Error installing 16bit Crystal ocx on NT machine

8. Error 429 when application and dll are installed on client machine

9. My macros get a runtime error 5624 on other machines

10. Runtime error 50003 on some machines

11. Runtime error on European, but not USA machines

12. Runtime Error on One Machine